Chapter 8

Ada's POV

"Okay guys, calm down. This is Paul, a friend of mine." I introduce him to them. "Paul this is the cast. I know you knew them" I said and look at him. He nods. I squeeze his hands and smile at him. He's nervous, I can feel it.

"A friend of mine, huh?" Uncle Mackie asks while walking in our direction. I tilt my head at his question. He goes in Paul's back and separates us. Oh no. They are in protective mode.

"Don't scare him," I warn Uncle Mackie. "We're not scaring him. He's just got the talked tho" Uncle Seb said. "Oh come on. We're not a thing and go easy. He just my-" I said and pulls Paul beside me. "Yet. Not yet." Uncle Robert interrupts me.

I look at mom, Auntie Lizzie, and Auntie Brie for help. They just shrugged their shoulders. I scoffed. Seriously? "It's fine. I got this, now go to your mom and say hello" Paul whisper in my ear. I look at him making sure he's fine. "Hey. Hey. No whispering here. Young man gets your ass in here." Uncle Mackie declared. Oh my God.

I don't know what they talking about they are inside, in the kitchen. I'm with my Aunties and Mom. I'm the one who's nervous about this, I get him here for dinner, not for interrogation. My attention is on Paul with my Uncles who's I can sense get easy on him. But still.

"Is he the one who came him a couple of nights ago? To give your ID?" Auntie Lizzie asks me. I nod. "He went here for your ID?" Aunt Brie clarifies. I nod and bring my attention to the boys. "Don't worry, they won't be harsh on him. They just want to know what is his intention. That's all" Mom said. I feel her cold hands against mine, it gives me goosebumps, the first time after 6 years she holds my hand.

"Is he the one also give those flowers?" Auntie Brie asks pointing to the bouquet that's resting on the table. "Yes, for his peace offering," I said. "And you said you don't have a thing while he's giving you a flower, are you sure about that?" Auntie Brie asks once more. No need to throw burning questions here.

"We're not. Yet" I said and whisper the last word. "Can we talk about this next time? I bring him here for dinner" I said and stood up and go to the boys.

Before I could go I heard Uncle Robert speaking so I silently walk towards them hoping I could hear them. "I can sense you have good intention with Ada. You're the only want who talks to us. Some of her suitors run away when they heard they going to talk to us. Just don't break her heart or I'll break every bone of your body. You're a good man, I can see it, the way you look at her and secure her in your side. I'm just observing you for a while, while you talk and answer our questions. The way you speak about her, your eyes sparks a thousand stars. Just don't hurt her, she deserves to be loved and feel love."

I didn't notice a single tear coming down my eyes. I'm thankful I have this family, I just wish it will last long. I get inside and their attention is on me now. "Okay, the talking session is enough, I'll get my Paul now," I said and excuse myself to grab his hand.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't know they gonna act like that" I said, I hand him the plate so he can eat. "Don't be. I understand why they act like that. They don't want you to get hurt. I appreciate that they talk be 101, boys to boys. To know what they don't like and their threats" he said. "But still-" I'm about to say when he said something.

"I like you, like a lot. Well you know it was a couple of years ago. And if this is one of the challenges I need to deal then be it. I want to be the man you deserve, and I'm making myself the right person for you." He said and looked me in the eyes. Damn it. How can I stop myself from falling for this man? I think I would never know.

"If I fall, you should catch me or else" I warn him. He chuckles, "I'll catch, I promise" he assured me. We look at each other, gazing at the eyes. Waking up my butterflies in my stomach, the warmth of his hands in my cheeks touch my cold heart, making it melt. I never feel this way before, he proves to me that if the man wants, he will find a way to do get it.

"And I'm here to wait until your ready" I nod and hug him. His strong build arms secure my weak self. Keeping me together. Keeping me safe.

We ate dinner. Paul gets along with the cast, I treasure this moment and put in my core memories. They throw banters at each other, the dad jokes, and just enjoy the moment until it lasts.

I don't want to say goodbye but they need to go home and rest. My Uncles are the ones who got home first since they have a shooting for tomorrow then Auntie Brie. Auntie Lizzie is still here talking to mom God knows what.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you home? It's dark outside. I don't want you to get involved in any accidents. I don't like it." I said to him, insisting we drove him home. "I'm fine, I can handle myself." He said. "Alright, we are going to drive you home," I said and he looks at me and shook his head. "I'm fine. You don't have to bother." He still refusing. "Then it bothered me when I don't know if you're home already," I said. He didn't argue with me anymore. Good.

I call mom if she can drive us to Paul's house. She said yes, Auntie Lizzie is with us. We're in the back seat. The ride is smooth. We reach their house.

"Good evening Mrs. Smith. I'm sorry if Paul comes home late" I said and hug her. "Don't worry dear. Paul wants to spend more time with you than me." She teases. I giggle. "Mom" Paul whine at her mom makes me giggle even more. "Oh, do you think that's funny?" He said squinting his eyes. "It is," I said laughing. "Mom who's that?" A voice of a little girl. "Oh, it's Ada, Sam. Wanna say hi?" Mrs. Smith said.

I almost hit the floor when a kid yeet herself to me. "You're growing up to fast" I commented. I hear her giggle. "Hi, Ada" she greets me. "Hello, darling. Stop growing too fast" I said whining earning a laugh from them. "How about a hi to me?" Paul dramatically said. "Hi brother," she said before her brother could react "how are you, Ada? You look more beautiful" she complimented me. We heard a dramatic gasp. "Rude," Paul said. I playfully slap his shoulder.

"Hi there Janet" Mom greets her from behind. "Oh my God, Scarlett!" Her mom said and they hug each other. I and Paul shared a look then laugh. We're idiots.

We're already in the house. I'm tired already. I excuse myself and greet them both goodnight. I heard Aunt Lizzie will stay over in the house. I don't bother, this house is like her second home.

I took a quick shower and put my pajamas on. I check my memo pad if I miss some school works, thank God I didn't. I finish it while looking for those students who are taking exams earlier.

I check my phone and there a message pop up.

Unknown number
Your appointment tomorrow will be at 2 in the afternoon. You know my office just get there. I have important news for you. Be there.

I almost forgot I have that appointment. I reply okay and set my phone for tomorrow's agenda. I'm overthinking about what news. I'm going to pray that it should be good. Please be good.

__________

Hello there, how are you? I hope you feeling okay. I'm tired, I just got vaccinated. Take note of the hints of what's coming next. Excuse my grammar, English is not my mother tongue.

Hope you have a great day ahead.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade