Chapter 22

Ada's POV

My doctors informed me that my name is at the top of the list for transplant. I'm not feeling well, my temp got high, I'm coughing non-stop and my heart is not properly breathing.

They informed us that my conditions are now worse. I need a blood transfusion to help my body regulate blood that carries oxygen. They monitor me 24/7.

Mom stays awake. Paul didn't leave my side. He gives me what I need like water and if my tubes are hurting me and making me uncomfortable.

I'm always asleep, taking a rest. I can't go out anymore since I need my oxygen every time or my heart will fail. They give me doses of medication and treatment. We keep on waiting for the new heart.

Scarlett's POV

As time goes by, her condition is terrible than expected. She's always crying, pointing her heart is painful. When she coughs the spit has blood. She's always sleeping. Pale. Cold.

I don't want to lose hope, I know we can get her a heart. The result is still not available if I'm matched for her. If I am then we can now do it so her suffering will come to an end.

Paul and Lizzie are with her. I'm in the hospital chapel, praying and talking to God begging him to save my daughter.

"I know I've been not a good mother to her, but I'm here, begging you to save my daughter. You already have one of them please don't take her to. I know I just borrowed them from you, and you are the only one who can get them from me, but give me more time, give us more time. I need more time with her. I demand it. I will do everything just keep her stay with us if that means giving you my life in exchange for her to live longer, I will do it. I've done so much in my life, she's only 18. A child, she's still learning," I told him if he hears me. "I can't consign to the grave, my last child. I can't." I sniff and wipe my tears. I get up and walk towards her room.

She's still sleeping, no changes. Her heartbeat was so low, that we decide to put her in a breathing tube to breathe. My heart broke every time I saw her crying for help, to stop the pain, begging us to stop everything.

-----

Weeks past still no changes. About the transplant, we have to wait. I'm tired of waiting. We rarely eat, if she does 5 spoons of food she's already full. Paul is talking to her. Ada told him to go to school since she doesn't want to be late for their lessons. So every time the class is finished, he went straight here and talk about school.

----

"Just one then was done. You have to eat, love" I convince her, she took one more of the soup and I give her water. We're the only people here, I let Lizzie go home to take a rest and so is Paul. They don't want to say they can rest her but I know they are tired too.

"I-im sorry," she said, having a hard time speaking. "For?" I ask her. I hold her hands keeping them warm. "For being a burden, for this," she said, "you don't have to say sorry, I do this because I love you and you are my child. I do this because I don't want you to feel lonely. After all, mama is here" I said. Wiping the tears rolling down her eyes. I kissed her forehead and cheek.

"If I can't fight anymore, pull the plug and let me sleep," she said. I bite my lips hard containing my sobs. She's tired. I want her to rest but I also want her to stay here.

I get into the, carefully laying down so I won't hurt her. She rests her head in my chest and sleeps.

I look at the monitor showing her heartbeat. I feel my eyelids getting heavier, I look at it one last time before drifting to sleep.

-----

Paul's POV

I lose the track of time by staring at the invitation for the I have in my hands. "you have to go, you know" Lorence told me. I sighed at him. I can't go there. I don't want to go there.

I drive and went straight to the hospital. I saw her sleeping. I greet her mom and she excuses herself to talk to someone.

I sit down and look again at the invitation. I'm just staring at it. "What happened?" She asks. She's just looking at me while I look at this invitation. "Nothing," I said. She raised her brows to me, "I known you for years so you can't lie to me, so what happened?" She inquires again.

I sigh and give her the invitation. She open it and read it. "Go here, I can help you with your suit," she said. "I can't, wifey," I said. She tilts her head and stares at me confused, "why?" She asks.

I half smiled at her, "you're not there, wifey. And I don't want anyone to dance but you. I don't want anyone but you, so I won't go."

She grabbed my hands and hold them, "then we can go" I look at her stunned. Not able to form any words. "Together? In the prom?" I asked her again. "Yes. I don't want you to be left behind and stuck her with me in this room" she told me.

"But I rather stuck with you her than stuck with them without you," I said. "It's just that you don't have to keep yourself here, go with your Friends. But the time I'm staying there is limited since my condition is not getting better" she explains.

"It's okay, wifey. You are my priority. Are you sure about this? That we're going? It's fine if we can't." I ask her again. "Yes. We're going." She said and stand up and hug her.

"THANK YOU, WIFEY. YOUR THE BEST!" I said and kiss her cheeks. I stop with my movements when I realize what I did. We heard cough at the door and saw them looking at us. Fuck.

"Wifey?! Really? Did this man force you, Ada? Tell me the truth" her uncle Robert said. Damn it. She glared at me and I nervously laugh. I scratch my neck. "It's just a dare. Besides I'm a grown woman. I appreciate everything but im fine" she said.

He glared at me and I gulp. I don't want to blow to dust him. "Okay, boys stop. They know their limitations and they are responsible enough for their life. Let them be" her mom said.

We eat dinner and talked. I ready myself for being scolded by my wifey. I didn't know they are there. They didn't know how to knock.

This is my first prom and she's my date, I can't wait to dance to her as we did under the starry night. I need help for my outfit to look presentable in my wife's eyes.

__________

3-4 chapters left and I'm going to end this book. Thank you for your support. I love you all from the deepest part of my heart. I'm planning to do more books, I hope you will be with me there :))

See you in the next chapter.
-jade