Chapter 15

Ada's POV

I lose the track of time, my mom and aunt Liz being cheesy to each other in this house. Paul visits me always, I chose to home school since my heart is too weak. He helps me with the lessons and tasks. He's currently teaching me about our literature lesson. I'm admiring his features, keeping every facial expression in my core memory, keeping it in my mind, hoping the memory won't slip.

"Get a room," I said, looking at the love birds who are being as a teenager. Mom rolled her eyes at me. "This is a room," she said. "I know but if you want to eat each other go somewhere else," I said. She playfully slaps my shoulder. "Not in front of my literature lessons," I said. Aunt Lizzie can't contain her giggles.

They go to the kitchen making us snacks. "No funny business you two" I shout. "Respect my kitchen" I add. Paul is laughing at me, "what?" I ask. "Nothing. Let them do whatever they want, they are already adults." Paul said. "I know, duh. But not in the kitchen" I said. He just shook his head and we continue stuDYING.

They cooked us mac and cheese. We left the two in the living room. We walk around in the village while holding a bowl full of food. We're just enjoying each other's company.

We got into the playground and sit in the swing. "You have to go to school tomorrow for the practice, is that okay?" Paul asks looking at me. "Of course, and been out for 4 weeks now. I want to see the fools too." I said. "Great." He answers. "Why? You don't have a partner when you are practicing?" I ask. He nods. I feel bad for being out. "We can practice later, so I know the steps for tomorrow" I suggest. His face lights up with the idea. "Really?" He asks hoping it's true. "Yep, and you have to teach me the steps," I said. He smiles and nods eagerly.

We put our bowls down and start playing. I go to the slides and enjoy my ride down. Catching each other, playing hide and seek. We take a water break then run again. Laughing our hearts out, appreciating the moment I have. We flop ourselves in the grass and look at the sky. We make a bet of whoever has a high score in finding face like in the sky, will treat ice cream.

Luckily, I won. We walk to the ice cream parlor. I chose the usually flavored ice cream I buy; dark chocolate. He got a strawberry one. We spend a good time eating our ice cream, he laughs at how messy I eat. It didn't bother me, he looks so handsome while laughing and add to the fact that I'm the reason why.

"Where are you two going?" I ask seeing my mom in a dress and Aunt Lizzie in a suit. Damn mama. "You two look hot, by the way," I said. "Thank you, baby. We're going out, well back right after. We already cook for dinner." mom said kissing my cheeks. "Okay then enjoy. Drive safe" I said. I escort them to the gate. I kiss mom on her cheeks, I do the same to Aunt Liz. I watch the car disappear into the road.

I saw him being shy and nervous. I grab his hand and lead him to the center of the garden. "We don't have music," he said, "then let our heartbeats be the music," I said. He smiles at me, putting his hand on my waist, I placed my hand on the back of his neck.

I feel my heart starting to swell in a good way. I stare at his brown eyes, adding more beauty because of the moonlight shining on his face. We dance in the center of the dark sky with sparkling stars giving us light to see each other's faces. Our bodies sway in the same way, looking at each other eyes.

We keep the rhythm. We keep dancing under the starry night. We keep our eyes locked at each other gaze. He turns me around, making my hair sway with the air. I almost fell but luckily he caught me right away. We carry on, keeping the momentum.

I placed my head on his chest, hands on his back, hugging him tightly. He does the same, but we still keep on swaying. I listen to his heartbeat, memorizing how it sounds. Inhaling his manly scent.

"I don't want to go," I said to him. "Then don't, no one ask you to leave," he said. If you only knew. If I dare to tell you and not act like a coward. If I can tell it to you without breaking your heart, I already did.

"What if I leave you? Would you forgive me?" I ask him, scared to look into his eyes. "If you left me over and over again, I would forgive you all over again," he said cupping my cheeks. "And I know you going back. You will come home"

________

Last few more chapters before I end this book. This is the short one. I'm sorry in advance about what I'm planning. Trust me with this one. And ready some tissues. That's all.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade