Chapter 20

Scarlett's POV

After I took it I go the cafeteria to get food. I'm in my deep thoughts that I didn't notice the food is here. While I'm walking back, I take a lot of deep breaths and courage to tell her, Paul, and Lizzie what the doctor said to me a while ago.

As I open the door, they still sleeping. I put the food on the table and sit on the chair beside Ada. I caress her cheeks, praying to all the saints that we can find a donor for her. If I get the result and I'm matched to her, we will do the transplant right away.

After a few more minutes they start to wake up. I give Liz a cup of coffee and Paul his hot chocolate.  Ada request water so I give it. She's not feeling well, she's having chest pain and coughing non-stop.

I explain everything to them, Liz called to people she knows that can help to find a donor. Paul is still shocked at the news. "If we can't find a donor, it's fine. I want to go home and take a rest there. The hospital bed is comfortable for my back" Ada said. She gets up and wipes my tears which makes me cry even more.

"We can find a donor, okay." Paul motivates her. "What if we can't?" Ada counter back. "What if we do? We can find a donor and you should make your body stronger"

After the debate, the doctors came by to check on her. They some blood samples for a blood test. "We can find a donor for her. I can take a test so if I match I can be her donor" Lizzie said. "You don't have to, the doctor said there's a high chance I'm matched to her since I'm the mother. But thank you. Just be here and hold me, I'm okay with it" I said and kissed her cheeks. I put my head on her shoulder since she's a bit tall to me.

"Even here in the hospital you two are flirting? Get a room" Ada commented earning giggles from the nurses and doctors. I laugh at her and smiled at us.

She requests if she can go outside, at first I'm a bit hesitant to agree but she uses her puppy eyes to me so here we are now at the beach outside the hospital.

She look around and admired the view. I look at her and hold her hands. "Promised me that we can get through this, that you still fight," I said. "I can't lose you too. I'm sorry for what I did, I regret every single thing I've done to you. And I hate myself for that. You don't deserve it, I take the blame." I add.

"Mom, I already forgive you. It's fine. My life is too short not to forgive. Forgive yourself. At least you know your mistake and you're up for change and to correct it," she said and leaning her head in my shoulder. "No promises but I try to fight. But if I want to rest, and everything is not working for me, pull the plug."

I didn't dare to speak knowing my voice would break and sobs will come out. I hold her close to me. I'm not ready to let her go. I can't. I don't want to.

My phone rang a couple of times, "answer it, maybe it's important" she said. I took it and stand up. I left her there looking at the scenery of the place.

Ada's POV

This is why I hate being stuck in the hospital bed, I can't see this beautiful view of trees dancing with the wind. The breeze dance my hair. People around walking and talking about life. Until I feel someone sit beside me.

"It's beautiful here, right?" A man asks me. I nod. "It is. It is breathtaking. Pleasant to the eyes and making your nerves calmed." I said. He smiles at me. He looks familiar.

"Why are you here?" He asks again. "Heart failure," I bluntly said. "You? Why are you here?" I ask him, "brain tumor, I only have days. My tumor can't be removed since it's big and if they remove it I'm gonna go to coma" I nod at him.

"How about your heart failure?" He asks. "My doctor said that if I can get a donor, I'll live longer but if not, I'll see you in heaven?" I said, he chuckles. "Nope, im going first the after 100 years you can see me there," he said. I giggle at him.

"You have someone here?" I ask him, he looks lonely and sad. "I'm alone. My wife died with my unborn child because of the accident I did. I cause a lot of casualties. It causes 4 death." He said. "I'm sorry" I hug him. "It's fine, I can do something to pay my debt." He said.

"Do it. It's not late. Maybe the families of those people included in the accidents can forgive you. So go for it" I encourage him. He smiled at me and nodded.

"Ada let's go. You need to go back to the room you've been exposed too much" Mom called me. I push my IV drip hanger. At walked toward my mom. She guides and holds me in my waist. I look back and see him waving goodbye. Damn it I forgot to get his name.

"You made a friend?" Mom asks. I nod. "He's lonely, his wife died with their unborn child and he has a brain tumor. I'm lucky that I have people around me to make me realize I'm not alone." I said. "Your not alone, sweetheart." Mom said.

We got into my room, my friends are there. They doing homework in my hospital room. They teach me some of the lessons. Mom and aunt Lizzie are sweet couples on the couch. Paul holding my hands. I cherish this moment I have. This moment in front of me, with these people, never left my side.

Paul's POV

"Hi, nurse. Where I can take a test to know if I'm matched to someone?" I ask the nurse at the counter. "Go straight there and you can see the laboratory room. Ask the nurse there, they will assist you." He said. "For blood transfusion?" He asks. "No, for a heart transplant," I said and walk towards the direction he said.

_________

Who's going to be matched and give the heart to Ada? I'm still undecided about the ending since I love you all and I don't want to break your hearts.  

Scarlett or Paul? Hmm...

And oh jade is my second name. I rarely use my first and I only allow my close friends to call me that. Scarlet but not double t. I just want to share :))

See you in the next chapter.
-jade