You Better Run

Outfit ^^

I opened my eyes with a bit of strain as blaring lights tried to infiltrate my eyes. I groaned putting my arm over them to stop the lights. Where was I? I remembered I was shot in the abdomen, I managed to hide and tried to stich myself up in an alley way but a woman saw me. She had two kids with her and her motherly instincts kicked in and she called an ambulance. The last thing I remembered was hearing the sirens from the ambulance.

I took my arm off my eyes when I heard a voice. "Sweetie, are you awake?" A soft female voice asked.

"Uh... No." I lied unbelievably. She took my arm away from my face and my eyes adjusted to a light and I could see she was a nurse. "How did you see through me?" I asked sarcastically and she laughed softly.

"Can you tell me your name?" She asked.

"Maraya Torres." I answered.

"Okay, do you remember what happened?" She pushed.

"Nope." I said convincingly.

"No worries. And where are your parents?" The tall ginger woman continued.

"Dead." I deadpanned.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Tell me, have you heard of a man called Nick Torres?" The lady pushed.

"Not once in my life." I declined. I had stopped trying to find this Nick Torres when I discovered that the people who were coming after me knew him. I assumed he was bad news just like the goonies.

"See, the last words you said before you past out were... NCIS, Nick Torres." The woman informed me.

Crap. I don't remember saying that.

"Must've misheard me. Never heard of him before in my life." I smiled.

"Okay... I've got to go tell the doctors that you're awake. I'll be back in about five minutes... Oh and before I forget, there's a couple of nice people from NCIS who want to talk to you." She smiled and nodded before leaving the room.

I didn't hesitate to jump into action. As soon as she rounded the corner I pulled out the weird tubes sticking into my arms. I threw the covers off of me and cringed at the hospital gown. I winced at the pain in my abdomen from where one of the goonies shot me. I took a deep shaky breath before spotting my backpack in the corner of the room. I grabbed it and threw it over my shoulders. I headed over to the door and peered down the hall.

I saw two men in matching jackets and hats which had "NCIS" printed on them. One of them was an older gentleman with grey hair and the other was a younger, about thirty man who was tanned with dark hair like me. They were  talking to my nurse who pointed down the hallway where I was and they all looked down there and spotted me. I looked away and started speed walking down the hallway to the elevators I spotted.

"Maraya!" The older one called to me and they were walking towards me. I turned to see them and with one glimpse I turned back around and started sprinting. I got to the elevator and pressed the button as many times as I could as if it would help. It finally arrived and I jumped in pressing the ground floor button- again- as many times as I could. The doors closed just before they got there and started its decent.

I sighed in relief and turned around to the large mirror. My black hair was messy and wind blown, my blue eyes blown wide in shock at what just happened. My usual tanned Latina skin was pale due to the blood loss and the bullet wound. I ran a hand through my hair tiding it slightly before turning back to the doors just before they opened.

My bare cold feet hit the cold tiles of the bottom floor and I saw guards at the front door checking everyone who was leaving. One of the guards included the NCIS younger man from upstairs. A distraction. I needed a distraction. I spotted a fire alarm on the wall next to me and pulled it. A loud blaring noise sounded throughout the hospital and people started panicking.

I managed to slip out unnoticed by anyone. I had gotten to the other side of the street while a crowd was gathering outside the hospital from the people pouring out. I looked back and made eye contact with the younger one again. I smirked and winked before running off, I ran down an alley and through a small hole in the wall to a building. He wouldn't even notice the gap I slipped through. I waited there a couple seconds before two pair of feet gathered there.

I put my hand over my mouth to silence my breathing while they talked. "Gibbs, I don't get it. Where could she have gone? How could I lose an eight year old girl?"

I'm nine actually.

"I don't know, Torres. She couldn't have gone far. Put out a BOLO for her. We'll find her." The man, Gibbs, assured. My eyes widened when he said Torres, that couldn't have been Nick Torres could it?