Going Home

I had been in hospital for three days; not very fun but they finally discharged me. Nick was carrying my bag while I was on crutches making my way to his apartment. He was being overly caring and he was always worried which was getting annoying. He opened the door to his apartment and let me go in first before closing it behind me. "Wow, nice place." I commented.

"Really?" Nick chuckled.

"It's better than the streets." I replied.

"That's fair. Here, I'll show you your room." Nick smiled showing me to a bedroom. He opened the door and let me in. "Bishop and Quinn did it up for you while you were in hospital. It's not much but-"

"It's perfect." I smiled making my why in and looking around. "Thank you."

"Don't worry about it

"Don't worry about it." Nick smiled putting my bag down on my bed and opening it up. "Should we get some of this stuff unpacked."

"No!" I yelled but it was too late.

When Nick opened it up there were three picture frames on top. He pulled them out. One of them was me with my three best friends at my ninth birthday party, another was me and my parents on holiday at Disneyland and the third was me with my birth mother after I was born, before she died. "You didn't want me to see these?" He asked looking up at me.

"I didn't want you to be sad." I replied quietly.

He looked back down to the photo of me and my birth mother and he smiled. "I remember her. Your mother was an amazing woman. Here, we'll put them up." He said. He put the one of me and my friends on a shelf and the one of me and my birth mother on the shelf under it. Then he put the photo of me and my parents at Disney land next to my bed. "They may be dead but they're always going to be with you, Mara. In your heart and watching over you." Nick smiled.

"I miss them." I said with tears in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, mi amor." Nick said sitting down next to me on the bed and pulling me in for a hug. "Do you want me to help you unpack your clothes?" He offered pulling away and wiping a couple stray tears off my face.

"I can do it. I don't have much." I laughed quietly pulling myself off of the bed but hissing when I stood on my leg. Nick picked me up by under my arms and plonked me back on the bed.

"You, little lady, are on bed rest." Nick said.

"But I've been on bed rest for three days." I protested.

"But now you've got Netflix." Nick handed me the tv remote. "I'll unpack your clothes and sort out some lunch for you."

"It's probably best you just chuck all my clothes in the wash first actually... Most of them have blood and dirt on them." I nodded.

"Looks like we gotta get you some new clothes as well." Nick sighed.

"Oh, I'm fine I got used to it." I smiled.

A sad look spread across Nick's face for a few seconds before he shook it off. "Well, people who live in civilisation don't usually rock around with blood on their clothes so I'll get these washed and call in a favour with Bishop. See if she can take you shopping."

"I seriously don't-" He cut me off.

"Shh, rot your brain watching crappy tv." Nick kissed my forehead before taking my bag, closing the door and walking out.

I looked to the side picking up the framed photo of me and my adoptive parents. A small smile graced my face. "I'll be okay." I whispered.