Guilty or Innocent

I stood in front of my full length mirror, staring a my reflection. I was dressed and ready for court. Bishop said something about dressing in pink will psychologically help them into believing I was a innocent because pink soothes the mind or something.

 Bishop said something about dressing in pink will psychologically help them into believing I was a innocent because pink soothes the mind or something

There was a knock on my door. "Come in." I called quietly. I looked to see Nick walk in, he was wearing his best suit and he smiled sadly when he saw me.

"You look nice." He complimented.

"I'm nine years old and about to go to court so people can judge me and decide whether they think I'm guilty or innocent. I don't feel nice." I shook my head.  Nick walked over to me and squatted down in front of me. He put his palms on my cheeks, holding my face as I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "I'm so scared."

"You'll be okay, mi amor. I promise." Nick said quietly.

"We didn't find anything new. There's just evidence against me. The court won't believe me." My voice cracked as tears slipped down my face. Nick didn't say anything as he just pulled me in for a hug, I knew there was nothing he could say because I was right. The court wouldn't believe me.

I was escorted in front of the judge. I was on the left, I looked to my right to see a very cocky looking Josef Freeman and his very expensive looking lawyer. I had a good lawyer but I knew no matter how good she was, there was a very slim chance of her getting me out of this.

I looked behind me and everyone on the left was with me and everyone on the right was supporting Josef and the press was on his side. On my side I saw Abby, Ducky, Palmer, Vance, Gibbs, Quinn, Bishop, Nick, McGee, Jacob, Jacob's mom and Fornell. "All rise. Court is now in session. The honourable Christopher Anderson is presiding." Some guy said and we all did as he said.

"Please sit." The judge guy said once he got to his seat and we all sat. "The case of Phillip Connells. Josef Freeman against Maraya Torres. How do you plead?"

"Not guilty, your honour." I stated.

"You know, young lady. Your sentencing will be reduced, granted you plead guilty and we won't have to go through this whole messy court ordeal." The judge said to me.

"Not guilty, your honour." I repeated, in the same strong voice. Letting no fear show, even the judge thought I was going to jail before the trial even began.

He sighed. "Josef Freeman. How do you plead?"

"Obviously not guilty." The cocky man stated.

"Don't worry, Mr Freeman. This'll be over soon." The judge nodded. I raised my eyebrows slightly as I looked between the judge and Josef and I knew I was screwed.

"Your honour, the defendant has some footage he'd like to show in his defence." Josef's lawyer spoke up as a tv was rolled in. The judge nodded and sat back in his seat to watch the screen. "Thank you." The lawyer thanked him before he rolled the clip of what I saw in interrogation. Once that video was finished, they rolled a clip someone had taped of me fighting a goonie in a park, then footage of me clearly stealing food but the cashier not noticing, next was me bringing my knife out on that goonie in the interrogation room and Nick dragging me out, then me sharpening a knife in an alley before showing me knocking out a goonie who had tried to grab me. The videos put together took about ten minute and as each minute ticked by I felt my freedom slipping away.