Ice Cream and A Movie

Outfit ^^

I came out of the shower and put on my pyjamas. I walked out into the living room and sat by Nick. "Those pyjamas Bishop got you fit?" He asked looking at them.

"Yep. They're comfy too." I smiled, leaning forward and taking a slice of still warm pizza. 

"What are we gonna watch?" Nick asked.

"Moana." I smiled.

"Not again." Nick dramatically complained throwing his head back, fighting off a grin.

"Yes, again! Don't act like you don't know the words and tune to every single song." I insisted.

"What can I say except your welcome." He sang.

"No." I dropped the pizza slice onto my lap and covered my ears with the palms of my hands. "You can't sing." I laughed.

"I actually can, you just don't appreciate my singing." Nick smiled, pressing play on the film.

We had finished the pizza and was eating a tub of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream between us. "What do they put in this to make it so good?" I asked.

"Heaven, I think." Nick replied with a mouthful of ice cream.

"Don't eat with your mouthful." I scrunched my mouth up. Nick just opened his mouth wider and I shut my eyes. "Ew." I laughed.

That's when Nick's phone started wringing. "What's up, Boss?... Yea, we're watching Moana... She's good. You got anything new?... Yea, got it... No, I'm fine, yea I'm good, boss... Two weeks?... So, no developments?... Alright. Yea, see you tomorrow." With that Nick hung up and I looked up to him sadly.

"They didn't find anything?" I asked softly.

"No, but it's only been a couple hours since we left. The court date is in two weeks, mi amor. We'll find something by then. Team Gibbs our on the case." Nick said but I could heard the sadness behind the forced cheerfulness.

A tear slipped down my face and more pricked my eyes. "I don't wanna go away." I said in a whisper, trying not to cry.

Nick picked me up and pulled me into his lap. His arms around me, his head resting on mine and I buried my face in his chest. I couldn't help the quiet sobs that escaped my lips and my body shaking uncontrollably. Nick shushed me gently. "It's okay, mi amor. I got you. You're safe. You're not going to go away. Not while I'm around... I promise." Nick's phone wrung again and I saw that it was Bishop calling. I picked it up for him and he took the phone. I saw him wipe a couple tears, he tried to do if before I saw them but I did. "Yep." Nick's voice was kinda shaky but he hid it well. "Uhm, let me ask Mara. Do you wanna go over Gibbs's with everyone?"

"If I can wear my pyjamas." I grinned.

"Yea, we'll be there, Bishop. Okay, thank you." Then Nick hung up. "Grab your coat and put on some slippers." He smiled wiping the tears off of my face.

"Okay." I smiled brightly. I jumped off his lap, slipping slightly on the floor but managing to stay up. I ran into my bedroom, putting on my slippers. I ran out, bumping into Nick. "Sorry." I said before running to get my coat. Nick picked me up and gave me a piggy back ride. He locked up the apartment and carried me out to the car, putting me in the back.

We arrived at Gibbs's house. Nick helped me with the door and carried me anyways so I didn't get my slippers wet outside. He walked in without knocking and there was more people than I expected. All of them in their pyjamas. Nick put me down and helped me with my coat and people smiled when they saw me. "Hey, Mara." Quinn smiled.

"Hi." I smiled back.

Nick put his hand on my back. "Mara, this is Kayla and Jared Vance, the big bosses kids, this is Emily Fornell and her dad... Doesn't have a first name Fornell. And you already know everyone else."

"Hi." I waved nervously.

"There's food in the kitchen. Come on, I'll show you." Emily offered stepping forward, showing her hand for me to take. I took it hesitantly and we walked into the kitchen. 

We sat around the table with a bowl of crisps in the middle. Me, Jared, Kayla and Emily. "So, you're going to jail?" Jared asked.

"Jared." Kayla's eyes widened and she elbowed him. "Sorry, about him. He's not the smartest."

"No, it's okay. I hope I'm not going to jail. I mean... I didn't hurt anyone. Innocent until proven guilty, right? So, as long as I know I didn't kill that man. I'll be okay. My court date is in two weeks." I said biting down on another crisp.

"The jury will be on your side." Emily insisted.

"I hope so." I nodded. "Otherwise... It's juvey for me."

"What was it like?" Jared asked. "The streets, I mean?"

"Uhm... Cold, scary, lonely. I missed my adoptive parents and my friends. Most of the time I was too busy running to think to much about it though. That's what you see on the video. Me running from the guy I supposedly murdered. He was a goonie. Wanted to bring me in and hurt me or kill me." I explained.

"Damn... That's a lot for a kid to handle." Kayla pointed out.

"Yea... Nick said something about me seeing a therapist but... I said no. I don't wanna talk to some shrink about my problems." I shook my head.

"Sometimes talking helps." Emily said gently.

I sighed. "And sometimes we have to focus on not going to juvey at nine years old for second degree murder."