Interrogation

Outfit ^^ Please vote!!!

I was sitting in a room with a one way mirror and I knew there were people on the other side. I was sat in the perps chair while the chair opposite remained empty for time being. Suddenly a short old-ish man came in and sat opposite me. "Maraya? I'm Fornell. A friend of Gibbs. He's asked me to come check on you." When I didn't respond he carried on speaking. "Your dad is causing quite the scene."

"Well the FBI did just arrest an innocent nine year old girl of a murder she clearly didn't commit." I pointed out.

"Actually from the footage we have... It looks pretty bad. Now, I know you're innocent but we need to prove that to the idiots I work with." Fornell said causing a small smile to grace my face at his humour.

Suddenly the agent who arrested me opened the door and looked to Gibbs's friend. "This isn't your case, Fornell. Keep out of it. Leave my perp alone."

"Perp? Come on, Jones. She's nine. You and I both know she didn't kill that man." Fornell stood up to face his colleague.

"You've seen the tape." Jones stated.

"I wanna see this tape." I stated. "I mean, if you're gonna put me down for a murder I didn't actually commit I may as well know why."

"First, we'd like to ask you some questions. Then we'll show you the clip." Jones crossed his arms over his chest.

"Fair enough." I nodded.

Jones sat opposite me. He held two photos in his hand but didn't let me see them yet. "Have you ever heard the name Phillip Connells?"

"Not until you told me I was being arrested for his murder." I declined.

He put the photo of a man in front of me but he still held another photo in his hand which he didn't let me see. "Have you ever seen this man before?" The man was smiling and happy with a golden retriever.

I narrowed my eyes. "He looks a little familiar. Not sure why or from where though."

Jones put the second photo next to the man. "This is what Phillip Connells looked like when he was found." The photo showed this Phillip man on his back, with a large bloody red patch on his abdomen, his eyes cold and glazed over as they looked up. My eyes widened and I looked away from the photo in disgust and slight fear at the dead man. "Don't look so surprised. That is how you left him after all."

"I didn't kill that man. I've never killed anybody and I never will." I stated looking to Jones.

"Cut the crap, Maraya. I know it was you. Take a look at this footage." Jones said opening his laptop and turning it around. It was of a warehouse. I ran in looking terrified. I remembered it; it was a few months ago and I had been chased down by goonies. Phillip Connells came onto screen and chased me around the corner. Then the footage shows only me coming back around the corner and running out of the building. 

"But I didn't kill him. Who found him?" I asked.

Jones fast forwarded about five minutes were we saw a man casually walking in and going around the corner. About ten seconds later he backed away looking scared and he pulled out his phone and I'm assuming called the cops. "That man is Josef Freeman." He stated shutting the laptop.

"How do you know it wasn't him?" I pushed.

"We looked into him before we did you. He has no motive whereas you do. He went around that corner to... Use the bathroom; since he couldn't fine one. You went around that corner to avoid the camera and kill Phillip Connells."  Jones explained.

"It could've been him just as much as it could've been me. But it wasn't me. So chances are it's him." I replied.

"Josef Freeman is an important politician. Why would he threaten his position like that? You were just a scared little girl. You still are. It's not too late to tell the truth, sweetheart." Jones patronised.

"Don't call me sweetheart." I ordered. "And so because he's a rich, white man he's obviously innocent." I said sarcastically.

"His ethnicity and gender have nothing to do with the fact that he didn't kill that man." Jones sighed.

"What was he doing for the ten seconds he was out of frame?" I raised my eyebrows.

"He just found a dead man. He was in shock." Jones leaned back in his chair.

"I wanna speak to Nick." I said quietly.

"Your father? That can be arranged." Jones said before taking his photos and laptop and leaving the room.

Nick and Gibbs entered the room and I instantly stood up on my chair since I wasn't cuffed down and wrapped my arms around Nick trapping him in a hug. "They're telling me I killed that man. I didn't do it. I didn't kill anyone." I said pulling back.

Nick kept his hands on my waist. "I know, mi amor. We know you're innocent."

"Have you seen the tape?" Gibbs asked.

"Yes I did." I nodded.

"You need to tell us what actually happened." Gibbs said standing on the opposite end of the table while Nick stayed next to me. He moved his right arm around my lower back to hold me in a side hug. I rested my left arm on Nick's shoulder.

"Uh, well... He was chasing me. I thought I could keep running but that place is a dead end. He came round the corner and I stayed close to the wall. I had found a rock so when he came round the corner I tripped him up. I hit him on the back of the head with the rock. Not hard enough to kill him; just to knock him out. I learnt a few tricks and I even checked his pulse before I left him. Then I ran again." I explained. 

"Have you ever heard of Josef Freeman before?" Gibbs asked.

"No. Jones told me he's a politician. He's a rich, white man with power. I'm a young Latina girl with problems and a not so pretty past... It's not gonna look good for me. But I didn't kill anyone. Your Fornell friend believes me." I said looking to Gibbs.

"We believe you too, honey." Nick comforted.

"Listen, that Phillip guy? He was a goonie. If you talk to any one of the other goonies you arrested that I came into contact with. You can ask them that I never made any move to kill them or even seriously hurt them. It was all self defence. I just didn't wanna die."