Gotcha

Outfit^^

After my hiding spot was exposed I had made a bee line for the bathroom. I got changed and put my hair in a lose high pony tail leaving strands around my face. I grabbed my bag and headed out to the desks again chucking my bag in a corner. "We got a BOLO out on every guy we could identify and we've already got a few hits. They're not good at hiding." Ellie said to me.

"What's a BOLO?" I questioned.

"It means we're gonna find them." Ellie assured.

I nodded and then I heard Gibbs speak. "Hey, Mara. Why don't you go back down to Abby. I'm sure she'd love the company."

"Okay." I nodded going to the elevator making very brief eye contact with Nick as I was the one to look away first. I only wanted to risk a look at my father but he was already staring at me. I got in the elevator and pressed a button I thought might go to Abby's floor. After getting off and wandering around realising I was wrong I tried heading back. I couldn't find the elevators again though so I opened a door to try and find someone to ask for directions. 

When I opened a door though I saw the goonie they grabbed along with me handcuffed to the desk. I gasped when I saw him. "Maraya Torres. Didn't think you'd have the guts to come and see me." He said.

"It wasn't on purpose." I admitted frozen in place.

"Well." He offered indicating to the chair in front of him. "You gonna take a crack at me too?"

I shrugged closing the door behind me and sitting in the chair opposite me. "How do you know Nick Torres?"

"I don't know him personally. I know of him though. He screwed over a friend of mine while undercover. We plan to get revenge. The names Dwayne by the way." He explained.

"What did he do?" I asked.

"Got him on the wrong side of the wrong person. He got shot because he pissed your daddy off and your daddy was friends with bad people." Dwayne told me.

"He is not my father. You killed my father." I hissed.

"No. I didn't. You did. If you weren't that man's daughter, if they didn't adopt you, save you, they'd both still be alive and well." He said with a smile.

"Shut up." I ordered.

"Probably with a different kid." Dwayne continued.

"I'm warning you." I said quietly.

"Maybe they'd be on a nice vacation in Spain right about now." He looked off in the distance thinking about it. I pulled out my pocked knife from the waistband of my leggings and wandered round the table and Dwayne smirked. "Whatcha gonna do, kid? Stab me? Get revenge cause I killed mommy and daddy."

I pulled my arm back to stab him in the arm but before I had the chance to impale him arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. I started struggling as they put me down in the hall. I turned around to see Nick closing the door. "What are you doing?"

"He pissed me off." I shrugged.

"Little girls shouldn't carry knives." Nick said trying to take it off me but I held it back.

"Little girls shouldn't watch their parents die in front of their eyes and be forced to go on the run for four months. Don't act like you can tell me what to do." I shook my head.

"I know you've been through a lot-" I cut him off.

"Oh and now you're trying to relate to me!" I yelled.

"No, I'm not. Because I don't know what you've been through." Nick squatted down. "I can never relate to your pain, or act like I know what that felt like. I've been through my own stuff, so I know what it's like to hurt and want revenge- I do, trust me, I do. But... Mara... I didn't even know I had a daughter. I'm not exactly a family man but, when I found out you were mine. There was a spark of hope in me, like I could be something more, for you. But I don't know how to do that. I want to be better... I wanna be a dad. But I don't know how."

"Let's just... Get rid of the goonies first. Take it a step at a time." I smiled and hesitantly handed out my knife for him to take.

He smiled and took it off me. "Now let's actually find Abby, shall we?"

"Deal." I smiled and he turned around while still squatting down in front of me. "What are you doing?"

"Piggy back ride. Come on." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't drop me."

"Wouldn't dream of it, mi amor." Nick said as he stood up with me on his back and started walking to where the elevators are apparently located.