Chapter 6: Them

9583 glided down and landed in a small clearing, "Nothing! I can't track her!" He said in frustration, punching the ground. 6573 landed next to him nearby and 9520 zipped up next to them, "Guys there's not even feathers on the ground. I can't find anything." 6573 shook her head, "Not good in my direction either. What happened to her?"

9583 looked off the Eastern Mountains, "I think she left, maybe she thought we were being followed by those scientists because of her." They were confused about how he got that conclusion, but he had a good reason, "Come on I mean guys. She's the only one who's had chest surgery, why would they do it only on her?"

They thought for a second before not being able to come up with a definitive answer. 9583 looked at the Eastern Mountains, "I think I know where we need to go."

~Meanwhile~

3114 slept silently, she was exhausted from flight and her body was tired from all the chemicals still flowing through her system. She heard a crack nearby, her eyes opened immediately to the sudden noises.

She turned her head sharply, then she slowly turned it back to the right. Her eyes watched fearfully, but she saw no one. Suddenly she heard something in front of her and her eyes didn't stop from searching from the area around her. Yet she dared not move-

She slowly turned, looking slightly behind her, someone in black clothes just as the other time. He slowly walked around her, trying his hardest to make sure she didn't run.

He bent down on one knee, slowly and softly he spoke to her, "It's alright... I will not hurt you miss.... You aren't.. hurt right?" She slowly shook her head no, not moving as her body was still not ready to fly yet.

He nodded softly speaking up again, "I'm not going to hurt you... You can trust me, alright?" She moved her eyes, looking behind him... She could see there were more people in the woods behind her, ready.

She looked at him, she didn't trust him, but he spoke up, "They won't harm you, their looking for traps, so that you aren't harmed." She looked around at the fauna, they were everywhere, their clothes made them perfectly hidden and they didn't make a sound.

He slowly reached out his hand, "Do you trust me?" She looked at him nervously, suddenly yelling came from deeper in the woods and it was getting closer, "WE FOUND IT!!! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!!!"

He turned and stood up, "Calling her an it is not what we do here. Henry, take her to the East. We will handle them..." Out of the woods on the opposite side of her a big muscular man came out. His eyes were black, all except his blue pupils which glowed slightly in the shade.

He walked out of the shade, and reached out his... 6 arms?!? She moved but only slightly, her body was still gaining it's strength back so escape was slim.

He carefully picked her up, cradling her in his 2nd pair of arms and he took off through the woods. He ran almost like a 6 legged buck, keeping her close to him with his middle pair, the same pair he picked her up with.

He launched himself up and grabbed a tree, pausing to check behind him. She could hear gunshots, and a big roar of anger. He turned and kept going, heading out East towards the great mountains.

~To be continued in chapter 7~