Chapter 7: Together

Henry landed on his fists, he stood up slowly and looked around. He wanted to be sure he wasn't being followed, and something inside him said he was being watched. He looked down at 3114 as she slept against him, her body was facing him now and she was snuggled close.

He grumbled and patted the back of her head with one of his upper big hands then grumbled in a defensive manner. Cracking in the woods could be heard, she made a soft uncomfortable sound as she nuzzled her head deeper into his strong muscular front. He leaned down, putting down one of his lower fists to the ground as he concentrated on the sounds around him.

Suddenly a green blur zipped past him and hit him, he grumbled like an angry tiger at the streak of green. It zipped past him and hit him again but this time he was ready, and grabbed the streak of green.

9520 struggled in his big hand and called out for the others who came quickly. 9583 flew in and punched Henry hard, nearly knocking him over but he reacted quicker than expected. 9583 was grabbed before he could take off as 6573 lunged from behind and attacked him.

Henry fell back into a tree making her stop her attack and he immediately grabbed her and pinned them all down with one hand each. He growled, moving his hands which held 3114, trying to cover her small body and her proportionally oversized wings. She moved her head slightly, getting more comfortable against his warm body. 6583 growled back but Henry was unafraid.

A voice came from his right, "Henry. Enough." The big guy turned and looked to the man in black clothes, but before he could speak the man spoke again, "What would you do if you saw a giant man holding your friend?"

Henry grumbled and looked down at them, "Attack me again, and I'll show you what I can do." He let out a hissing growl before letting them go. They stood up and dusted themselves off, they still weren't happy about him holding her close like that.

He cracked his knuckles with a gruff sound then moved her gently, his actions seemed more instinctive then human and he clearly made beastly sounds. 3114 pulled her arms against herself rather than having them around him, she moved her face to hide her eyes from the light.

The black clothed man began to tell them who he really was, but before he could a helicopter came from nowhere. It shown it's light down at them, "We found Subject 3114-2956! Move in immediately!"

Henry growled but he was stopped by the man, "Get them out of here! Head to you-know-where now! We can't afford to loose those who need us."

Henry grumbled and turned to them, "Let's go!" And he took off, with the 3 following closely behind him....

9583 sighed and looked back at the fight that they missed, then looked ahead at Henry who still kept 3114 close. Though he didn't trust Henry so easily, he was glad their friend was alright.

And he could only hope they were with a good group now. A place where they won't be hurt just cause someone of power said so.

~To be continued in chapter 8~