Part 7

Carinas POV
Today i am going with Andrea to go Christmas shopping. When i woke up, i quickly cleaned up before heading over to Andrews house. When i arrive, Maya opens the door.

"Hi Maya, is Andrea ready?"
"He actually didn't think you would be here till later so he went food shopping. He left about 10 minutes so he won't be back for another 20-30. Come in it's freezing"
"Thanks, i guess i'll just wait for him here. Have you watched anymore of how i met your mother?"
"No. i was afraid if i watched any without you you would scalp me."
"I'm not that aggressive. Also to messy."

We walk to the couch and put on netflix. About 25 minutes later Andrew gets back.

"And where have you been young man. I have been worried sick."
"Sorry mam i was shopping. I thought you weren't gonna be here for awhile."
"Yea Maya said. It's fine we've just been talking"
"Okay well let me just put these away then we can leave."

He quickly puts them away before we head out.

"So Carina"
"Yes Andrea?"
"You and Maya seem to be getting along well."
"I mean yea. Would you want me to not like your roommate?"
"Oh no i think it's great. I just think that Maya may like you a bit more than a friend"
"No... Maya? No."
"Carina im telling you. When you were messaging the other day her smile. I haven't seen her smile like that since.. well since Nat"
"Who's Nat?"
"Well Natalie. She is Mayas ex"
"What happened between them. Your face dropped"
"She cheated on Maya. I mean she was head over heels for her then Nat cheated on her with Jack."
"Jack? Jack from the station?"
"Yea. Maya has forgiven him since then."

I don't know why but this angered me a bit. She clearly has a kinder soul than me but still she forgave him? Also cheating on Maya. Is she an idiot? Have you seen the woman she is a fucking goddess. You would have to be such an idiot to cheat on her.

"What's on your mind. I see your clogs turning."
"I just don't understand how she can forgive him. I mean. He slept with her girlfriend that's pretty low. I don't think i would be able to even look at him again."
"I'm with you on that. But Maya has a kinder heart than me. Over the past 2 years she's bit by bit forgiven him."
"Well props to her"

We arrived at the mall and quickly went round the shops getting as much shopping done as possible. After about 2 and a half hours we were finally finished.

"I'm hungry. What do you want to eat?"
"McDonald's? We can get it on the way home."
"Ooo yea I could eat a burger right now."
"Okay. Just go through the drive thru. it will be quicker and we can get Maya something and it will still be warm by the time we get home."

We quickly go through the McDonald's drive through as it was empty and stopped off at my house. I quickly say hi to Jeff before putting my bags down and leaving again. When we get back to Andreas, i walk in with the food leaving Andrew with all his bags.

"We are back and i brought food!"
I shouted then heard quick foot steps coming towards me.
"Oh my god. Carina you are my new favourite person."

I don't know why but I felt a little tinge in my chest when she said that. I know she only meant it in a friendly way and I only see her as a friend too so im not sure why my body reacting like that. With what Andrea said earlier i felt different with Maya, I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Did i think of Maya in a different way? I walk into the kitchen and sit at the counter opposite her.

"So what did you buy?"
"Just presents mainly. A few pieces of clothing for me."
"You know it's great you here for Christmas this year. Normally i have to go Christmas shopping with him and listen to him complain about how much he misses his big sister."
"He talked about me?"
"All the time. Sometimes it would just be the little things that you do that he would miss. Other times he would go into detail. One time he literally described you head to toe and all i could think about 'wow his sister must be beautiful'. Only thing i've ever been right about."

I looked up when she said that and was met with her eyes. Did she actually just call me beautiful? Maya herself was absolutely gorgeous nobody could deny it. Her eyes were so hypnotising. I could stare into them forever. They were such a beautiful colour of blue. I again felt the feeling in my chest but this time it felt more like my heart was glowing rather than tinging. I didn't realise how much time had passed until Andrew came in.

"Thanks for the help with the bags. It's really appreciated."
"Of course. No problem. That last one was a tad bit heavy like."

He just looks at me with a scowl. I send him back a innocent smile.

"Okay well i'm going to start wrapping. So don't come in my room please and thank you."

Me and Maya finish eating before going back to the couch and continuing the show.

"Ted is starting to really annoy me. Like can't he just leave poor Robin alone and let her be happy."
"Yea i get that. You know who would be an interesting couple. Barney and Robin."
"They would be an interesting but personally an amazing couple. Yet again at this point i would like to see Robin with anyone but Ted."

Not the longest chapter but yk. I also should of brung these chapters out before christmas but i didn't have anything done. So your gonna get a christmas chapter probably not till next year. Sorry for the wait!

Thanks for 2K reads! That's actually crazy man. Thanks to everyone who reads :)

26/12/2021