part 15

Carinas POV
I got home around 4 pm and took a shower before getting dressed for our date. I decided on some black dressy pants and a sheer white top with a black bralette underneath. My hair was left down with some loose curls out in and applied some light makeup. I was really nervous for this date. I don't know why i mean it's Maya. However i haven't been on a date in forever. It reached 5:50 and i had just finished applying my makeup when there was a knock at the door.

I quickly ran to the door opening it slightly and there stood Maya.

"Hi beautiful"

"Hi Bella"

"These are for you" she says pulling out a bouquet of flowers. They were lilies. My favourite.

"Thank you these are beautiful. Come in i'll be 2 minutes"

"Is Jeff not here?"

"No" i say putting the flowers in a vase and slipping my shoes on. "Mer and Derek wanted to take her for the night."

"Ah. I'm going to miss my best friend"

"I'm starting to think you only came here to see Jeff"

"Who knows. Maybe i did"

I grabbed my jacket before taking her hand and leaving. I locked the door and as we got to the car she opened the car door for me.

"Wow what a gentleman"

After she got in, we drive for about 25 minutes and her hand didn't leave my thigh for a second. Which when i think about may not of been great safety wise. But i'm not one to complain. We pulled into a car park and she turn to look at me.

"Ready?"

"Your not gonna kill me are you?"

"No" she says with a light laugh. "Why would you say that?"

"I've watched enough murder documentary's to know what happens in a situation like this."

"Yea well lucky for you i save lives."

"I suppose"

She takes my hand again and leads me around the corner and down the road. We aren't walking for long maybe 10 minutes tops before she stops.

"Here we are"

I finally look at where we are. It was a restaurant (obviously) and had lights all around. It looked almost vintage it was beautiful.  As we walked in i took in all my surroundings. All the fresh flowers and laughing.

"Hi reservation under Bishop"

"Ah yes, please follow me"

We follow the waiter through the restaurant and into an isolated area. She lead us outside and it was stunning. There was bright flowers everywhere. Some hanging on the walls and some in large bushes surrounding the table. Fairy light illuminated the table and the 2 chairs were pulled out.

"Maya this is beautiful"

"Yea well i wanted to make it special. However, it isn't about what you do it's who you spend it with. I was just going to take you to McDonald's"

"Yea well i would be happy with either." We sit down opposite each-other scanning the menu.

"Hi, Are you ready to order?"

"Yea! Can i have the carbonara please"

"And i will have the steak. Medium rare please."

"Yep no problem. And drinks?"

"I'll just have a water please"

"Yea me too thanks" We hand her the menus before she walks away. When i look back at Maya she was staring at me.

"Like what you see Bella?"

"Definitely"

"Take a picture, it might last longer"

"As much as i know your joking i'm going to do that" Before i can react, Maya has her phone out and is taking photos of me. I just laughed and continued our conversation.

"This food is so good"

"It is. I'm surprised i've never been here before"

"You know i was thinking i could invite the station over to mine for drinks."

"Yea that would be nice. I know they would enjoy it as well. They really like you"

"I should hope so. When do you finish for the weekend?"

"Tomorrow"

"Okay well when you see them ask them then message me. I'll have to go shopping, i know how much they like to eat"

"Your not wrong."

We finish eating and leave the restaurant after fighting over the bill. Maya said that as she asked she was supposed to pay and before i could even argue with her she had already did so.

"You going home?"

"Yes, however can we stop somewhere first?"

"Yea sure."

I put the coordinates into the gps as it was in a bit of an odd space. The drive was short and soon enough we had pulled into another parking lot.

"Ice cream? Really?"

"One, i've seen the ice cream in your freezer i know your not gonna complain. Second there Ice cream is amazing you have to try it"

"Fine"

As we walked into the shop, i realised we may have been slightly over dressed for ice cream with her heels clicking on the floor. I ordered strawberry and Maya ordered mint choc chip.

"I should of known you were a mint type of person."

"Mint choc chip is amazing. Also you were right this ice cream is amazing"

"Yeah i know"

We finished eating them hoped back i to the car Maya heading back to my house.

already have the next chapter written up so it shouldn't be too long until the next chapter.
It's also Paget Brewsters birthday today so everyone go wish her a happy birthday <3

10/03/2022