Part 9

Carina POV
When we arrive at the restaurant we take a small table in the front window.

"This place is so cute"
"I know thank you Meredith"
"Okay so what are you having?"
"I don't know. I might try the chicken parmesan. What about you?"
"I might just go for the pizza"
"Maya no. We did not just come to a restaurant for you to order what you have every other night. I will order for you"
"Okay go for it"
"Hi i'm Mike and i will be your waiter today. What can i get for you?"
Hi, We will have 2 chicken parmesan's please"
"Okay, and what would you like to drink?"
"I will just have a water please"
"Make that two"
"Okay your food should be out shortly"
"How was your day?"

I say once the waiter had left.

"It was okay. Andrew was called into the hospital. How about you?"
"Plain. I just spent time with Jeff."
"Ohhh Jeff my favourite. How is she? Does she miss me?"
"Wow hurtful that you like Jeff more than me? And she does miss you. If I ever mention your name she goes chaotic"
"You talk about me to Jeff? Aw how cute"
"Shut up"

We talk about before our food comes.

Mayas POV
"You are now picking my food wherever we go. This is amazing"
"What can i say i have brilliant taste when it comes to what i eat."

We sit quietly while we eat then decide again dessert and just stop off at the store on the way back to Carinas place.
"Okay what do you want? Chocolate, sweets or ice-cream?"
"Chocolate. Definitely chocolate"
"I should off known that you were a chocolate type of person. What type?"
"I'm fine with any"
"Okay"

We walk around a bit before paying and leaving. When we arrive back at Carinas, i instantly get tackled by Jeff.

"Wow you weren't kidding when you said she missed me"
"Yea what can i say, she has great taste in people"

I look up at her and meet her eyes. Is she flirting with me? Am i being oblivious or am i over-thinking? Jeff starts barking at the back door to be let out. While Carina let's her out, i sit on the couch scrolling through Disney +.

"Hey so there is this new Disney movie called Encanto that's supposed to be good. Wanna watch it?"
"Ye sure"

She sits across the the other side of the couch. We watch Encanto and by the end Jeff is curled  up on my lap and Carina is still on the other side.

"That was such a good film. The songs were on point"
"Literally gonna have them stuck in my head"
"Okay i'm going to get the ice-cream out whatever you want on."

I walk to the kitchen and put some ice-cream in 2 bowls and go back to see Tangled on.

"Rapunzel? Seriously?"
"Hey don't judge it's a good Disney princess movie"
"No judgement here"

I pass her the ice cream and sit closer to her than before.

"Hey you have something on your face."
"Where?"
"There"

I say putting ice-cream on her face.

"Maya! You didn't just do that!" 

She says picking up her spoon and bringing it up to my face. I quickly jump up and she jumps up after me. After running around like children for awhile, i grab her and pick her up from behind.

"Maya put me down"

I just laughed and placed her down. She turned around and looked at me. We were stood really close. Like really close. It made me nervous honestly. I could make out every little detail on her face. All her little freckles and dips. I bring my hand to her face and wipe the ice-cream off her upper lip. When i looked back up to her eyes i see her looking down at my lips. She leaned in slightly so that her lips were only centimetres away from mine.

This one is really short and i'm sorry about it! Also i'm sorry about leaving it on a cliffhanger but this is how i wanted this chapter to end..

09/01/2022