Part 10

Carinas POV
Just as we were about to both lean in, there is a knock at the door. We jump apart and i quickly head to the door feeling my cheeks heat up. I open the door to se a group of teenagers stood in front of me.

"Hi is Ruby in?"
"Sorry i think you have the wrong place no Ruby lives here."
"Oh sorry to bother you"
"It's no problem. Bye"

I walk back to see Maya walking out of the kitchen. We just sit back on the couch (very far apart. I mean you could probably fit a house between us) and finish the film in silence. Do i say something? Should i say something? Did it mean anything to her? Once the movie had finished Maya stood and was the first to speak.

"Hey, so i should probably head home i have work tomorrow."
"Right. Yes. I'll see you later"
"Yea see you"

Then she left. I couldn't sleep that night. I mean we almost kissed. What do i mean to her? What does she mean to me? All these questions were just floating around my brain. I only got a couple of hours sleep. All i could think about was Maya. And what had almost happened.

2 weeks later

Mayas POV
It's been 2 weeks since i last saw Carina. Safe to say i missed her. A lot. But i don't know how to approach her after everything that happened. I mean i still don't know how i feel and i don't know how she feels. It's just a mess. There was a knock at the door that broke me out of my thoughts.

"Come in"

When i looked up to see the one person i didn't expect.

Carinas POV
It's been 2 weeks since i last saw Maya. I missed her a lot. But after what happened i don't know. It just felt a bit weird between us. I was on my break when Cristina approached me.

"Deluca?"
"Mhm?"
"What's going on. Thinking of your mystery lover?"
"For the last time i don't have a 'mystery lover'"
"Yea and i want kids. These past 2 weeks you have been in the shittiest moods and it makes me wanna shove a scalpel where it should not go."

I give her a weird look.

"Just saying Carina 2 weeks ago is much better than this one. Sort whatever issue you have with your lover cause to be frank i can't listen to you complain another time."

I sweat that women. Absolute satans spawn. I mean she isn't wrong but still. I decide that i should take her advice. On my lunch break i would go to the station and fix whatever is going on. I mean what's the worst that can happen?

When i get to the station, i walk to the front desk where a man is already looking at me.

"Hi i'm looking for Maya Bishop?"
"The door just behind you."
"Ah thank you... Steve"

I say looking at his name tag. I knock waiting for a response. I take a deep breath before entering her office.

"Carina, Hi"
"Hi Maya. I'm sorry for just dropping in on you like this but.. i missed you"
"I missed you too" She says looking at the ground.
"You know this doesn't have to be awkward. We can just forget than anything happened."
"Yea but i don't want to just forget what happened."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know."
"Okay well i don't want to have to wait till you know. These last 2 weeks have been hell."
"Yea they have"
"Okay so how about. You come over to mine tomorrow. We can drink some wine, play a board game and talk about it"
"Okay that sounds great."
"Kay. I'll text you a time."

Just as i open the door Travis comes flying in.

"Captain! There is a teenager. About to give birth on the floor. You need to ring for-"
He stops when he sees me.
"Carina! Thank god your here you can help us. You need to come deliver this baby."
"Okay well get the mother in the back of the aid car while i get the necessary things. And Travis sit down. Don't stress the mother out more than she probably already is. Maya please be ready to drive the aid car to the hospital after the baby is delivered and safe."
"Yes ma'am."

I quickly washed my hands and got gloves on and everything.

"Vic i'm going to need some towels do you have any lying about?"
"I shall be right back."
"Hi i'm doctor Carina Deluca. I'm going to help you deliver the baby. Do you need us to call anyone?"
"No. No thanks."
"Okay what's your name?"
"Annabelle, Anna for short"
"Hi Anna just call me Carina. Now when you feel the next contraction i'm gonna need you to push. Can you do that for me?"
She does as said and about 10 minutes later a healthy baby girl is born.
"Congratulations mamma on your new baby girl. We are just gonna take you to the hospital to get a few routine checks done then you can take the little one home."
"Can you come with me? I don't exactly know how to care for a literal newborn baby."
"Sí of course"
When we arrive they check them they are both safe and a few hours later are free to leave.
"You know Carina we have met before"
"We have?"
"Yea about 2 weeks back. Me and my friends knocked on your door"
"Ah yes! Your the one who was asking for Ruby. Well seem as though you already know where i live. If you ever need anything and i mean anything. Your always welcome."
"Thank you. Your an amazing person."

Okay! So i know your literally gonna hate me for this chapter but i couldn't help it. As i've for covid and self isolating i have more time therefore your probably going to get a few more chapters this next week.

10/01/2022