part 24

Mayas POV

It has been 3 months since me and Carina became official and it has been just over a month since Andrea Deluca unfortunately passed away. It has been a rough month, but we are working through it. We both took a little time off work at the beginning yet since, we have both been back. At first Carina was struggling badly, which was understandable. She's doing better now and is back at work. For the past week or so I've been looking for new apartments. The one I'm in now just seems so lonely and empty without him.

"How about this one?"

"Its really nice but way out of budget."

"Maya we have been looking for days and you've said no to everyone."

"Maybe I should get a roommate, I don't think I could go back to living alone after living with Andrew for that long."

"Why don't you move in with me?"

"Wait what?"

"I mean you've been living with me for the past month, you could just fully move in."

"Are you sure? Because as soon as I move in I'm never gonna leave"

"Who said I wanted you too?"

"Okay then. Lets move in together"

I don't think either of us could conceal our happiness. Although we had already lived together for awhile, now its official. Both of us still had smiles on our faces even when we went to work a couple hours later.

"Hey Bishop, what's got you so happy?"

"Nothing that you need to know about Montgomery. Trust me"

"It's sad that I've been with Emmet less than you've been with Carina yet your still in your honey moon phase and we act like an old married couple."

"Jeez Travis, didn't realise you were so sexually frustrated"

"I'm not- Maya I- Maya!"

I quickly shut the door to my office him trying to talk through the glass before realising that talking about his sex life through a window, not the best idea. I sat down at my desk looking over some paperwork before the alarm went off for the aid car. Because Jack was off ill, I substituted in for him with Warren. The call was nothing too bad, a man got stuck in a dog door, he's fine but couldn't help but laugh at why he was there in the first place. When we got back, Warren went straight to restocking everything while I walked up to the kitchen, a familiar smell dragging me to it.

"Why is my girlfriend here cooking for you all"

"Well you see we all decided we wanted carbonara, and there is no one that can cook it better than Carina. It's also been awhile since she's been so it's been nice to catch up"

"Don't worry Bella, I was happy too. I also wanted to ask when you wanted to start packing up your things to bring over"

"We are both off on Monday yes?"

"Yes, do we need to hire anyone or will it fit in the car?"

"It should all fit, especially if my favourite co-workers would help me"

"One congrats on moving in together, two absolutely not"

"Come on guys, please. I can get it done in a day with your help."

"If you help, I will cook whatever you want"

"Now there's a deal I can get behind"

"Okay well we are starting on Monday so be at mine for 10:00am"

I finish helping Carina dish up the food before we all sat to eat. Safe to say I agree with Vic when she says Carina makes the best carbonara. If I was on death row and I picked my last meal, it would be anything made by her.

Monday Morning

I was awoken by loud banging on the front door, i had stayed at my apartment last night so I didn't have to rush this morning. With that, Carina graciously offered to stay with me. I quickly checked the time for it to say 10:10am. Shit i had over slept. I quickly got out of ben and ran to my front door and opened it to reveal everyone from the station.

"Thank god we were about to call the police."

"Sorry I must of slept through my alarm. Let me just go get some actual clothes on."

I had quickly realised I had on an oversized shirt and the shortest of shortest shorts on. When I walked into the bedroom I picked up my clothes and carefully woke Carina by a kiss on the cheek.

"Wake up darling, we need to start moving stuff"

We both quickly got dressed and headed downstairs to see everyone sat watching TV"

"Okay, lets get this show on the road"

Okay i'm sorry i've had such bad writers block, there is only a few chapters left of this book as im hoping to finish it to start on my new book i've had in the works. Hopefully you enjoy, not the best but what can you do.

03/11/2022