Part 8

Mayas POV
It wasn't for another couple of hours until Carina left. We just watched How i met your mother and talked. I made sure to get her phone number before she left so i didn't have to stalk her instagram to message her. Although i could not help to feel a bit of disappointment when she left. I don't know why though. I would see her tomorrow as we made lunch plans. I was unusually excited about it. I don't know what it is but with Carina i feel.. weird feeling about her. I feel disappointed when she's not around and excited to see her then i find myself really happy when she is around. Cant for the life of my figure out what it is. When i get into bed i get a phone call.

"Hey Andy what's up?"
"Okay so basically me and Sullivan kind of have this flirtatious banter thing going on and i don't know how to feel about it. I mean i'm definitely getting feelings for him i just don't know if he likes me back and what i should do about it. Like should i tell him or just bury and forget about it?"
"Oh my. Okay well then first of it's about time. Your officially the last person to know. Also just tell him. It's not going to harm you or him. What's the worst thing you can say?"
"He can say no and i will be embarrassed for the rest of my life. Also is it really that obvious?"
"Yes Andy everyone now owes me $10."
"Of course you would all bet on it."
"Look just tell him. I'm telling you he feels the same, we all see it.  Now i have to be up early so goodnight, love you. Message me if anything happens"
"Okay I will, thanks for the help Maya, love you!"

When i woke up the next day, it's only about 7:30am. As i should probably work on my fitness i decide to go on a run before doing anything else. I quickly change into some loose clothes and grab my things. As i'm about 5 minutes in i get a message notification.

Carina
Good morning bella! Meet me at the coffee shop at 12 <3.

See you at 12 x

I get home about 8:30 and hop straight into the shower. Once i'm finished and dressed, i go downstairs to eat. There was a note on top of the kitchen counter.

You weren't here was i woke up but i won't be home till late. Got called into the hospital.
-Andrew

I toss it in the trash before making myself some breakfast. By make i mean put some porridge in the microwave. When it got to 11:00 i decided it was probably best to get dressed. I lightly curled my hair and put some light makeup on. I put on some jeans with a cream jumper/cardigan type of thing. When i arrive at the coffee shop, i notice Carina isn't here yet. So i order a coffee and sit in the back corner of the shop. 5 minutes later, i feel something bump into my leg. I look down to see a little boy looking up at me.

"Well aren't you adorable"
I say ducking down to his level. I look around to see if anyone was looking for a child but nobody seems concerned. Just as i'm about to turn back a women starts talking behind me.
"Oh my god Tommy you can't just walk away like that, i am so sorry"
"Oh it's no problem he is adorable"
"Thanks"
She turns back says something to her phone before turning back again.
"Sorry work being a pain in the ass"
"Well if you need a second i can keep an eye on him."
"Are you sure? I wouldn't want him to be a burden"
"Oh no it's fine."
"Thank you. Your a life saver"

She hands me a small bag with toys and that in it before continuing her call. I scoop him up and set him in my lap. I pull out some of his toys out and watch him fling them about. When i look up, i see Carina smiling down on us.

"Hey"
"Oh hello there. I didn't realise kids where joining us"
"Yea sorry i forgot to tell you i have a kid"
"Haha very funny. But seriously who's kid is this?"
"The lady behind me"
"Ah okay"

She pulls her chair up to be closer to mine and  picks up a toy for the little boy. The smile on her face when he starts laughing warms my heart. It's the cutest thing ever. I couldn't help myself to smile back. About 15 minutes later, his mum is finished with the call and turned back to take him. She thanked us again before leaving.

"Okay are you ready to go for lunch now?"
"Right, yes. I'm starving. Where are we going?"
"I was thinking that we could try this little restaurant that opened. Meredith recommend it, she said it was amazing."
"Okay then. Lead the way."

This chapter isn't as long so apologies for that. Happy 2022! Hope this year brings you joy.

02/01/2022