apartment

"Are you riding with me?" I ask Groff as our group makes its way out of the bar.

"Of course, I've got best friend time to catch up on," I smile at him before turning to the rest of the group.

"I've got more space if anyone wants to ride with us?" I ask all of them immediately denied.

"Ramos is being a handful right now," Oak says trying to stop Anthony from doing something stupid. "We're going to stick together to keep him in check,"

"Ok then, just follow me, if you get lost Groff can text one of you the address," I say with a smile before leading Groff a couple of spots over to where my car was parked.

"You still have this beauty?" Groff asks looking at my car.

"Of course, it's the only thing dad left me in the will,"

"no way, you were his favorite kid,"

"I never said he left my brothers more," I say with a shrug before getting into the car. "So why did you really come back," I say as I pull out of the parking lot making sure the group's car was following behind me.

"Can I not see my best friend?"

"I know that's not the only reason. you brought people for me to meet, two of them being part of things you know I really enjoy,"

"you got me," Groff says putting his hands up. "I did come here for a reason, Lin is writing another musical,"

"No way, is that what your next gig is?" I ask looking over at him. He silently nods his head. "Dude that's great! Lin's a beast when it comes to writing music,"

"Trust me I know," Groff says with a chuckle. "That doesn't explain why we're here though,"

"So... explain it," I say turning off onto another road.

"Lin is missing some parts, and a lot of understudies," Groff says looking out the window. "I know you're a big fan of his work and you've always wanted to be on Broadway, I thought you might want to audition,"

"Are you serious," I ask coming to a stop at a sign. I turn to face him,

"Yes?" He says even though its more like a question. I stay silent for the next minute until we pull up to my apartment building. Getting out of the car I slam the door in excitement before running over to the other side of the car. I watch as Groff hesitantly gets out of the car. Once he is fully out I jump forward wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Thank you thank you thank you," I say quietly as he hugs me back letting out a breath of relief.

"Do you think he told her why were here?" We hear Anthony ask only to get shushed. "Or maybe they're dating, aww that would be so romantic," Anthony drones on. "But wait they can't be dating isn't Groff gay?"

"Anthony man will you shut up?" an exasperated Oak says causing me to start laughing.

"Somebody's cranky," Anthony says in a snotty tone as I release Groff from my hug.

"Come on, we better get somebody inside," I say emphasizing the last half of the sentence as Anthony stumbles forward before being caught by Daveed. I lead the group into the building leading them to my apartment. Once we get inside I explain the layout explaining where the necessities were as Groff dug out any extra blankets or pillows for the group to use.

"Hey Groff can you help me take these to the bedroom," I ask trying to lift my bags along with some extra pillows that weren't needed.

"Of course," he replies before coming over to take some things out of my hands. Once in my room and the stuff was set down I gesture to the closet.

"You might still have some clothes in there, and you can sleep on the bed tonight," I say.

"I'm fine on the floor you know," Groff says while looking in the closet.

"Groff, we've been friends basically since birth it's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before," I say with a chuckle. Before walking towards the door. "I'm going to go make sure the guys are doing ok," I say before walking out of the room.