taking chances

A week had gone by. And nothing had changed. I tried not to think about it, about what Daveed said but I just couldn't not think about it. He said he wanted it to be a surprise, and he wasn't kidding. At every turn it seems like he's there and I get my hopes up just for nothing to happen, I think he's starting to do it on purpose. I was sitting in the pit of the theater, on the floor. The cast was... around, either in dressing rooms or making a drink or food run. I was working on a song, I had words and chords floating around in my head, I had to get them out. I was almost done, it's been a project for the entirety of this week. I sigh looking at the papers I had in front of me, there's something missing, but I can't place it. I pick up the guitar in front of me.

"Don't know much about your life," I start singing and playing in an attempt to figure out what I'm missing. "Don't know much about your world, but... don't want to be alone tonight, on this planet they call earth," Wait. I stop as my eyes meet the drum set, that's it.

Daveeds POV

I walked into the pit looking for Misty, today was the day I was going to ask her. I noticed by the third day how she was on edge, waiting for the question to come up. I stopped walking when I noticed she was singing, sitting on the floor guitar in her hands sheet music out in front of her. She stops suddenly obviously having a thought, I stay still watching not wanting to interrupt her thought process. She grabs her phone, turning something on before playing the guitar again this time without singing. She comes to a stopping point moving off the floor to a sound bored that was not far away. As she sets her stuff up I slide into the area more finding a seat not extremely far away. My phone is out and recording before I can question if I should really be recording this. . She turns the volume down before playing the guitar she just recorded. She's so focused I can't really tell what she's doing. It's obvious she's done something like this before. She starts singing again, this time taking a couple steps to the drum set.

I get lost in her music, like she seems to do herself, she's a magnificent artist between singing, and the guitar playing, and then she adds the drums on top of it all. I find myself totally captivated, not only by her skill but by her beauty. She's normally gorgeous, inside and out, but you see a whole new side of her when she performs, especially when she thinks she's performing for no one. Sooner than I'd like, her song is over, I end the video before making my presence known.

"That was Beautiful,"

Misty's POV

"That was Beautiful," I hear behind me, I flip around fast relaxing a little when I see it's only Daveed. I freeze.

Its Daveed.

"Thanks Dav, I uh... I didn't know you were watching,"

"Yeah, I walked in but is saw your gears turning, didn't want to interrupt," I smile slightly at his words, so considerate. "What was it about?" He asks, standing up and walking closer to me. I Shrug my shoulders at his words.

"Nothing specific,"

"Really?" He asks, giving me a skeptical look.

"Yeah, it was just some words...that were, in my brain," He's still moving forward now only around a foot away.

"So it wasn't... about a certain question?"

"Question? What question I don't know about any questions," I say starting to ramble a little not looking at Daveed. I feel a hand on my chin and before I can react, I feel his lips against mine. "Wow that was uhhhh, unexpected," i saystarting to ramble again this time not looking away. His lips are on mine again successfully stopping me from talking. I open my mouth again tospeak but he cuts me off.

"If you start rambling just so I'll kiss you you can stop," he says making me laugh slightlly, my face turning red. " will you be my girlfriend?" he asks suddenly making my heart stop.

"What?"

"You know what I said,"

"I, i i honestly don't know what to say," I say purposely starting to ramble again. Like suspected his lips meet mine in another voice taking kiss. My smile grows as he pulls away.

"You did that on purpose," he says narrowing his eyes slightly.

"You fell for it," I say with a small laugh. We fall into a small silence. I've been waiting all week for him to ask me this question and now all of the sudden I have to think about it. "Yes," I say finally, "I'll be your girlfriend."

"Yes!" We hear chorused on the stage above us. We both look towards it to see the majority of the cast collected there.

"Girls you owe me moneyyy," Oak sings smiling at the girls. I look at Daveed.

"They bet on us?" I ask with a questioning look.

"I guess they did," he replied with a shrug.

"Well then," Lin starts shifting our attention back to the stage. "This day is just one for good news," he says falling silent as everyone looks at him. "We're going to Broadway!" He says causing the group to cheer.

"Girls you owe me double!" Oak shouts causing all of us to laugh as we celebrate the days achievements.

A/N: y'all I am so tired.... Anywhoo uummmmm I'm a little behind on school work, and a little burnt out in total, but I only have 3 day of school this week so there will be more updates coming soon :) ~M

Also the song is Taking Chances by Celine Dion... If I spelt that right... The inspiration came from the Glee version tho... Either way I don't own the song.. :)