moving forward

"Good Morning sunshine," Daveed says, placing a kiss on my cheek before walking off to his dressing room to put his stuff down. Small things like this have been happening for a couple months now and it was driving the cast crazy.

"Ok come on," Ariana says from in front of me. We were talking through some small corrections in Helpless when he intervened

"What?" I ask giving her a look, to which she rolls her eyes.

"The nickname? The kiss? What is up girl?" She says with a smile. My cheeks turn red as I shift my gaze to the ground.

"I don't know we've been on a couple dates,"

"Just a couple? Girl he liiikes you," she says, dragging out the "I". I laugh slightly at her emphasis.

"I think I really like him too,"

"Yeah I can see that," She replies with a laugh. My eyes drift to where Daveed was, walking over towards us. "Go for it girl, your glowing," She says with a smile before walking away, just as Daveed approaches me.

"Hey you," I say with a small smile as Daveed stand in front of me.

"Hey," he replies mirroring my smile. I quickly look around taking notice of who was backstage or onstage.

"I'm pretty sure my dressing room is empty if you wanna hang out somewhere a little more private,"

"I would love too," he says. I grab his hand before pulling him along towards me dressing room. When we get there it was empty just like I thought it would be. I continue pulling Daveed until we reach the couch, pulling him down to sit with me. He stares at me for a second before leaning in placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"What was that for?" I ask blushing slghtly. Daveed shrugged before answering.

"I felt like it, but I know how you are about the cast bugging you so I waited until we were alone," I smile at his words. He so considerate, and observant, even though I'm sure the casts comments are starting to bother him too.

"Thank you," I say leaning my head on his shoulder. We sit there just living in d the silence before I break it. "Do we have to do a show today?" I ask shifting my head to look up at Daveed.

"Well, it is our job,"

"Damn your right," I say with a sigh causing Daveed to chuckle.

"Do you wanna come over tonight?" Daveed asks as I place my head back on his shoulder. "Like after the show?"

"Mmm yeah," I replied after a little thought. "Maybe we could pick up food on the way,"

"Yeah we could do that,"

"Great because I really want a pizza,"

"A whole pizza?"

"Fuck yeah dude," I say as Daveed and I both start laughing.

•°•

A smile was on my face as we walk into Daveed apartment two pizzas in my hand. Daveed went around turning on lights as I set the food on the coffee table.

"You wanna watch something? " I ask looking round for the tv remote.

"You can choose," he replies walking over to the couch and taking a seat.

"Uuhg," I groan slightly. "Yknow I hate it when you say that," I say turning on the TV and turning on Criminal Minds.

"This is your go to tv show isn't it, "

"It's so good," I say sitting down and grabbing one of the boxes of pizza. Daveed stares at me as I happily start eating.

"You weren't joking about eating that whole thing were you," he says with a small laugh.

"Nope," I say giving him a smile. We continue to eat sometimes watching the show sometimes talking. After a while the boxes were placed on the table, and we were curled up talking and watching the show. "Daveed?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yeah," he meets my gaze causing me to rethink my question slightly.

"Are you happy?" Daveed looks at me confused before reaching forward for the remote to pause the tv. He moved away from me slightly so he could dface me better.

"Of course I'm happy, why? Do you think I'm not? Are you not?"

"No! No no," I say quickly trying to cover up my mistake hoping I didn't offend him. "I just I don't know, we've been doing this dating thing for a couple of months and I don't know," I say with a shrug looking towards the ground.

"Are you giving me permission to ask you to be my girlfriend?" He asks me gently turning my head back to facing him.

"I think so yeah," I say meeting his gaze. Daveed nods his head and I can see the wheels turning.

"Ok," he says finally.

"That's it?" I say expecting there to be more.

"Mist I don't know what other guys have done in your life but if I'm going to ask you to be my girlfriend, it's going to be special, and a surprise," he says smiling because he knows how much I hate surprises.

"Why?" I ask, a simple that's holds so much meaning.

"Because, I care about you, I really do," he says leaning in and placing a kiss on my lips witch I happily reciprocated. "No what do you say we finish this episode and then go to sleep? You can crash here, or I can drive you home," he says. I nod a smile growing on my face as I lean back against his chest, he presses the play button on the remote and the show resumes.

I had a small handful of boys that I dated when I was younger. None of them however treated me like Daveed did, none of them made me feel the way Daveed did. I fell asleep that night against Daveed chest thinking for once in my life, that maybe relationships and lovers weren't all bad.

A/N: honestly I adore how this one ended... And I'm super excited for the next chapter!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh I already love this story and can't wait to keep writing it for you guys!!! Let me know what you think!!

I love you all, you all are beautiful, and deserving of life eat food drink water and live your best life good night <3 ~ M