Backstage

"did you guys know Taylor Swift is coming to the show tonight?" Carleigh says as the group of girls sits in their dressing room. Misty tries to play it cool knowing that she was the one who invited the celebrity, she kinda thought that it would go unnoticed but nothing does with this cast. A chorus of no's make their way through the room as the girls work together and help each other to get ready. Carleigh narrows her eyes a little at Misty's lack of response. "you know, how do you know, why do you know?" Carleigh asks looking at the girl.

"I uhm i saw it on social media," Misty says focusing on braiding her hair. 

"but you're like rarely on social media," Ari says looking at the girl through the mirror. 

"I mean, i'm on it enough," she replies with a shrug. 

"You are so bad at lying girl," Carleigh says looking at Misty. "But I'll let it go for now," Misty lets out a breath as the girls go back to what they were doing and Misty focuses again on Braiding her hair. 

•°•

"Hey there," Misty says smiling as she stands in the doorway to Daveed's dressing room. 

"Hey," Daveed says looking at the girl through the mirror. 

"Hows it going in here?" she asks moving to sit on one of the counters. Thats when she spots Oak lying on a couch in the corner. "Oak you ok?" She says a concerned look covering his face. 

"Migraine," he says quietly covering his face with his arm. 

"He's been like that for the past hour," Daveed says giving his friend a sad smile.

"Has he taken anything or it?"

"Yeah but i don't think its helped," 

"Oak can you stand? Or even sit up?" Misty asks hopping off the counter and walking towards her friend who just groans in response. 

"I can't go on," she hears him say quietly.

"It's ok Oak, you rest, I'll get ready to go on for you and if you feel better by show time you just let me know ok?" she says giving her friend a smile before walking over to Daveed and placing a kiss on his cheek. "I've got to go change," 

"I'll see you in a little while,"

"see you in a little while," she says before walking out of the room. 

•°•

"Herculies Mulligain I need no introduction, when you knock me down I get the Fuck back up again,"  Misty sings booming into center stage as the first act comes to a close. 

" who provided those funds?"

"France" 

"I hate to admit it but he doesn't get enough credit for all the credit he gave us," 

•°•

"what a show," Misty said as she sat on the couch backstage after changing out of her clothes. She smiles and chats with the cast members that are around her as she waits for Daveed to get ready to leave. 

"Hey everyone," Misty hears a voice come from behind her. She hears collective quiet gasps and 'oh my gods' and she turns around even though she new exactly who the voice belonged too. "that show was so amazing oh my god," Taylor says bright smile on her face as she walks over to greet the cast members sitting with Misty. The group sat talking for a little while and Taylor didn't notice Misty until she got up to greet Daveed. 

"Great show Dav," Misty says Quietly as she wraps her arms around his waist. 

"Right back at ya sunshine," he replies with a smile returning the hug and swaying back and forth slightly. 

"Misty," Taylor calls slightly from behind Misty and she lets out a small sigh. 

"Dang it," She mumbles before turning around to greet her new friend. "Hi Taylor," she says returning the girls bright smile. 

"You did so good," Taylor says coming over and offering Misty a hug which she acceped. Misty watched as Carleigh, and Ari's eyes went wide at the interaction. "The whole show was like crazy good, I'm so glad you said something about me coming," 

"Of course we're so glad you liked it," Misty says as they pull away. Suddenly she feels Daveed's hand on the small of her back. "Oh, this is my boyfriend, Daveed Diggs," Misty introduces with a smile. 

"Hi, I've known Misty  for such little time but I've already heard so much about you," she says with a smile. 

"Oh really?" Daveed asks looking down at Misty who doesn't say anything instead opting for elbowing Daveed in the Stomach. The group finishes their conversation, and Taylor leaves shortly after. Things are really looking up, Misty thinks to her self as Daveed goes to get their bags. Slowly she turns back to the group of cast mates on the couches. ...

... she had a lot of explaining to do.