Texts

I collapsed on my bed after rehearsal, Groff had finally convinced me to go straight home after work and not stay later. And I am thankful for that, I am exhausted. I feel my phone buzz from next to me.

Daveed :)

Groff finally talk you into relaxing?

Misty

thankfully yes,

I don't think I realized how exhausted I was

Daveed :)

that's good, you really have been working yourself too hard

also wanted to let you know, since I told Lin already I will be missing some rehearsals next week, not 100% sure which ones yet tho

Misty

have I? it really all feels the same to me

and ok, if I'm allowed to ask why are you missing?

Daveed :)

I have some releasing stuff to finish up with clipping for the new album

Misty

THERE IS A NEW ALBUM COMING!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!

Daveed :)

...yes?

Misty

omg, I'm so happy for y'all. whens it coming?

Daveed :)

sometime in June

Misty

AHHHH that's so cool

that's not even a month away ahh

Daveed :)

I know it doesn't really seem real sometimes

Misty

well, good luck with that :)

the only thing you'll really be missing next week is choreo. we're probably going to get right-hand man through wait for it because those are all bigger on the choreo

Daveed :)

ok I can figure something out

I think to myself for a second wondering if I should say what I want to. I type the text and send it before I can change my mind.

Misty

maybe we can go through them after rehearsals sometime later this week?

He takes a minute to respond, I start to think i overstepped when his reply came through.

Daveed :)

That would be very helpful :)

•°•

I lay in bed texting back and forth with Daveed until I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey," Jon says poking his head into the room.

"What's up?" I ask looking at him and then back to my phone a second later.

"I was just coming to see if you were emerging from your cave to join me for dinner," Jon replies with a joking smile on his face. I don't reply too focused on the three dancing dots that will show Daveed's next response. "Misty. . . Mist. . . Mystique Thomas," Jon says finally taking my phone out of my hands. "Who are you texting that is more important than me?" He asks looking at my phone.

"Come on Groff give me my phone back," I half-heartedly say knowing it's too late to hide my conversation.

"Ooh, Daveed? When were you going to tell me you were talking with Mr. French man,"

"I wasn't going to specifically mention it, it's nothing special," I say reaching for my phone.

"No, no, no, I'm not done with this. How long have you guys been talking?" He says scrolling through our feed. I don't try to stop him trusting that he's only looking at dates and times and not snooping in my conversations. Groff isn't the type to do that. "Oh my god is this all today?" He asks sitting down on the bed next to me.

"Yes, now give me my phone back nosey," I say sliding my phone out of his hands with a light red tint on my face.

"Done someone have a crush!?" Groff gasps making my face get redder.

"No I don't have a crush on Daveed," I say maybe too quickly. But was that really the truth? "At least I don't think," I say the last part quieter hoping he wouldn't hear me.

"You don't think?" Dammit, he heard.

"I mean I've only known him for like what three weeks?" I say looking at Groff.

"I'm going to go get a bottle of wine, and pick up food, when I get back we are talking about this," Groff says giddily standing up from my bed.

"No, no we really don't have to, we're just friends it's nothing special," I say trying to stop him as he walks towards the bedroom door.

"Oh this is non-negotiable," He says turning around. "As your best friend it is my job to hear alllllll about this," He says dragging out the 'all' before walking out of the room. I roll my eyes with a small smile before picking up my phone and shooting a text to Daveed.

Misty

sorry, I have to go, Groffy is kidnapping me for the night :/

Daveed :)

Y'know I would expect nothing less from him

I laugh at his response before putting my phone to sleep and setting it on my nightstand before walking out of the room.

A/N: ok so this one is also really cute... I just think they're really cute... also I kinda changed the name...but I like it and it fits I promise ~M