The audition

3rd person

"Misty are you ready to go?"Jon called through the apartment as he stood by the door.

"Give me a second," her voice called back from around the corner.

"You said that ten minutes ago we're going to be late,"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Misty says hopping around the corner as she puts her shoe on. Misty had been in New York for about three days and finally, it was time to full fill the reason she came to the big city. The Audition. "Ok, ok I'm good to go," She finally says standing at the door. Jon looks at her with a slightly amused face. "Don't even think about laughing at me, you try putting a shoe on while moving," She says before walking out the apartment door.

•°•

"I still can't believe that I'm in New York trying out for a musical, that I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it to Broadway," Misty says.

"I don't know this one's a little far-fetched, it's about a founding father," Jon replies as they walk down the street towards the theater.

"Yeah, but have you seen Lins work? It's absolutely amazing,"

"Ok miss Fangirl let's get you going," Jon replies with a smile as he opens the door for Misty.

"Hey I am not a fangirl," Misty says with a defensive tone.

"Yeah, yeah, this way," Jon says leading Misty through the theater. They enter the stage area to see the main cast hanging around. Jon weaves through the small crowd looking for Lin as Misty trails behind.

"Oh hey, you guys are here," Lin says turning around. "Let's get started,"

•°•

"So, we're sure we want you for something because we need a couple of cast members and you have a great voice, so this audition is really just for us to decide where to put you," Lin says some of the main cast members hanging out around behind him.

"Ok sounds great, "Misty replies pushing his nerves down, her bubbly personality coming out more the longer she was there. "Do you want me to sing or rap?" Misty asks making Lin freeze.

"Do you not have anything prepared,"

"I mean I sing as a job so I can pull something out of my ass but I thought you would appreciate having a choice in what you were to hear today," Misty replies with a sweet smile as Jon's facepalms.

"You sure about this one Lin?" Alex (Lacamoire) says from the other side of Lin.

"I thought so, I mean she has a great voice," Lin says looking at Jon who was seemingly having a conversation with Misty, without talking. "Do whatever makes you happy," Lin says looking back at Misty.

"Cool great, Can I use that piano?" Misty asks waiting until Lin nods his head. "Thank you," Misty says taking a seat at the piano. She starts playing a song that's somewhat familiar. "So Close no matter how far. Couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are. And nothing else matters,"

"Isn't this a Metallica song?" Renée asks as she comes to a stop next to Jon.

"Yep, it sure is,"

"Never opened myself this way. Life is ours, we live it our way. All these words, I don't just say. And nothing else matters,"

"Your right, she does have a great voice," Alex says looking at his notes briefly.

"Trust I seek and I find in you. Every day for us something new. Open mind for a different view. And nothing else matters" Misty sings not noticing the small crowd of people now watching her performance, the unlikely song choice catching the ears of the rest of the cast. "Never cared for what they do. Never cared for what they know. But I know" Deciding to cut the song short since the verse repeats Misty slowed down her playing in order to achieve a smooth fade out. "So close, no matter how far. Couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are. No, nothing else matters," The small groups start clapping as she finishes the song causing Misty to stand up and over exaggerate a bow as a joke.

"That was amazing,"

"Totally cool,"

"Great job,"

"Yes, yes, yes, that was absolutely all of those things," Alex says talking slightly over the rest of the group to get them to quiet down a little. "Lin and I are going to go talk somethings over Miss Thomas, you are free to stay here, if not I think it's safe to say that," He pauses a second to look at Lin. "We will be in touch," He finishes giving Misty a smile before walking out of the room with Lin.

A/N: I'm baaaack... I know I've been away for a while, my life got busy but I am back and writing, so far I have written a good hand full of chapters so there will probably be another update today :)