the switch up

Misty stood backstage watching as Chris sang history has its eye on you. His voice blew the girl away every single time, she's herd him sing this song almost a hundred times at this point between rehearsals and shows and it still never gets old. Leslies appears next to her.

"Can you cover for me?"

"Cover for you?" she asks looking at Leslie.

"A family emergency, i just got the message can you cover for me?"

"I have to go on for York town, but after that I can be ready to switch off during non-stop. is that ok will that work?"

"Yeah, yeah that should work thank you so much,"

"Of course, of course let me know if you need anything else," she says shooting him a smile beore making her way on stage. Misty went on stage focusing on the choreography in York Town before quickly rushing to her dressing room the second she was off the stage.

"Whats got you in such a rush?" Jasmine says touching up her makeup in the mirror.

"Leslie had an emergency pop up and needs me to go on for him," Misty says pulling a Burr costume she had made off the rack quickly changing her clothes.

"Are you guys not switching during intermission?"

"Non-stop,"

"Shit," Jazzy replies getting up from her spot to help the girl change.

~~~

She was standing back stage ready to flip out as soon as Leslie walked off the stage. 

Why do you always say what you believe? Why do you always say what you believe? Every proclamation guarantees free ammunition for your enemies”

“You’re going to do great,” Jazzy said quietly appearing next to the girl. 

“Yeah, if it was a highschool musical probably, but we’re on broadway,” 

“That doesnt matter, you’re an amazing artist, and dancer, you’ve got this,” Jazzy gives the girl a smile as she makes eye contact with Leslie.

Why do you write like it's going out of style? Write day and night like it's going out of style? Everyday you fight like it's going out of style” 

“Ok here I go,” Misty says as Leslie moves to his corner like normal. 

Do what you do”

Leslie keeps walking off the stage as MIsty moves forward to take his spot. 

Alexander?” She says looking at Lin now on the stage in the lights. 

Aaron Burr, sir” Lin continues on trying to cover the confusion on his face.

Well, it's the middle of the night?”

“Can we confer, sir?”

~~~

“What was that?” Lin says once they were backstage at the end of the number. “What happened to Leslie?” 

“He came up to me before Yorktown and said he had a family emergency and asked if i COuld cover for him,” Misty says feeling like she did something wrong.

“Really?” 

“Yeah he didn’t really say anything more than that,”

“Ok, i’ll check up on him after the show,” Lin says grabbing a bottle of water. “Do you want to go over anything for act two since this was so last minute?” Misty lets out a breath and slightly smiles at his question.