Betrayal

Sarawat had just finished his last exam and was happily skipping towards his boyfriend's place. Being an engineering student wasn't easy and not more so when you had to juggle part time jobs along with it. Sarawat was smart or right word would be a genius, a very hard working genius. He had been in top 3 since elementary school and had recently achieved the top spot in last internal exam. He was sure he would get recruited by the top companies in IT sector. He was done with his semester exams and had already interviewed for his target companies. All he was waiting for was the offer letter and then he could get on with money making.

He had been working all summer break and had saved enough money to buy a present for his boyfriend, Tine. The locket and sweater was quite expensive but he didn't mind at all since it was all for his love. Tine had been eyeing this sweater for some time but couldn't buy because of price. Sarawat could imagine perfectly the smile that would grace his face when he saw it. The locket was beautiful piece with a sweet message. When Sarawat saw it for the first time, he immediately thought of Tine.

It was the anniversary of first time Sarawat saw Tine

It was the anniversary of first time Sarawat saw Tine. He was sure Tine didn't remember this day but to Sarawat it was very precious. He didn't fall for Tine at first sight. It was a gradual process. He fell slowly and completely. They first became friends and he couldn't help falling for every little habit of Tine's. His pure and kind heart, that bright smile, his mischievous side, the childish tantrums, his caring and loving nature, those cute pouts and adorable glares. Sarawat loved it all.

He reached the apartment and typed the passcode and entered inside. He hadn't called Tine before coming because it was a surprise for him. Things had been bit rough between them for past one month. He had been quite busy with last semester of college and stress of job that he had hardly spent any time with Tine. They even fought last week because of that. Tine was still in second year of college so he wasn't that hard pressed for time like Sarawat was but still he would admit he had been really cold and rude to Tine for past one month.

That's why he wanted to make up to Tine and apologize for his behavior. Tine loves surprises and food cooked by Sarawat. The apartment was empty. Tine must have gone out with his friends and would be home soon. He decorated the bedroom, cooked Tine's favorite dishes and waited patiently for him to come home.

He heard the sound of door opening and closing, he was about to go to the living room when he heard something that stopped him in his track.

"Mhhhhm......aaaaah...." The moans were pretty loud.

Sarawat felt his heart hammer against his chest. He froze at his place, all he could think, 'It's not what it seems like. I must've heard wrong. There has to be a reasonable explanation for this.'

"Damn, you look too delicious right now. I really wanna eat you. Why don't we get into shower?"

He heard someone say something and that voice definitely belonged to Mil, the guy that had been chasing Tine for so long. Sarawat felt his heart shatter. He couldn't believe that Tine would betray him like that. He heard them shuffle to the bathroom on the other side.

Mil spoke again, his voice a bit muffled, "Tine, you really have the worst timing. I'm in the middle of lovemaking and you want to talk about Sarawat? You really are too good for him. Don't you get it? He is more interested in books than you."

Sarawat couldn't take it anymore and left the apartment. He ran blindly in the rain with no destination in mind. He couldn't believe it could hurt this bad. Was it his fault? Did he push Tine in Mil's arms? Maybe he should have apologized sooner. Why did he let their fight drag on? Why couldn't he love Tine more? He wanted to hit himself for being an idiot. He had a boyfriend like Tine and he let him get away. How foolish could he be?

But why should he hate himself? Tine was the one who betrayed him. He broke all their promises. He's the wrong one here. Even if they had fought at least Tine could have broken up with him before starting it with someone else. How could he be so shameless? All those moments they had spent together meant nothing to him? How dare he make a joke of their relationship? Sarawat wasn't good with opening up to people yet he had done that for Tine while that jerk was fooling around.

Who knows if this was the first time? Maybe he had been cheating on him since the beginning? How many times had Tine gone behind his back? How many guys had he done it with? He did it in the very bed they made love? How could he trust any of those moments when Tine said he loved him? All those words were now meaningless and lies. He must have been laughing at Sarawat when he said he loved him. It must have all looked like a big joke to him as he made a fool out of Wat.

Sarawat went to the dorm and packed his stuff. He had a month before he had to clear the dorm but he decided to leave now. He messaged Tine-

'Let's break up. Don't ever meet me again. You are dead for me.'

He broke his sim card to make sure they never contacted again. He called his uncle who stayed in another city and booked a train immediately. He couldn't stay here anymore. He had to leave this place that had their memories. He was leaving it all behind. His love and Tine.