Echo From Past

Next morning, Tine and Wat filed charges against Ryan. Wat took Tine to doctor to get the medical report and there were lots of threatening messages on Tine's phone from Ryan. It got Ryan some time in jail though not enough but at at least he was away from them for some time. Tine had been scares to go through with all this and kept trying to get out of it but Wat wouldn't let him. He finally convinced him to take necessary action and it worked.

"Pack your things and move in with me."

"WHAT?" Tine screeched in disbelief.

"Move in with me."

"Why?"

"Because I'll keep you safe."

"I can take care of myself. We got rid of Ryan so I'm okay now."

"No, you are not. You are still anxious and overthinking everything."

"No, I'm not."

"Tine, you were in that relationship for 3 years. It won't just go away in a day. You need to get over it and I want to help you. You're in vulnerable place right now and I'm worried about you. You need someone to take care of you."

"No-"

"You do and don't deny it. You've tendency of blaming yourself for everything. I'm worried you may hurt yourself-"

"You think I'm suicidal?"

"I didn't mean that."

"No, that's exactly what you meant. Look here Sarawat, I may not be invincible like you but I'm strong enough. I'm not going to kill myself or anything so you don't need to worry about me."

"Tine, try to u-"

"Can you just stop this?" Tine said exasperatedly.

"What?"

"Trying to act like you've any right to tell me what to do."

"Tine-"

"We are just boss and employee. That's our relationship. Whatever we were in past is done with."

"But it was all a misunderstanding." Wat said.

"Yes, but I don't want to start a life with you again. I don't want to be involved with you. It was misunderstanding. We cleared it. You apologized and I accepted your apology. Let's leave it at that. I don't want to get back together with you."

"Why not?"

"Why should I? When you think I'm not worthy of you, you leave me like a trash and when you think you want me back, I should happily oblige? I don't think so."

"But you said you forgave me."

"That doesn't mean I like you again. I don't. I'm over you. Took me lot of time but I'm finally over you so please let me live in peace."

"Okay fine. I understand that. We shouldn't jump into a relationship. You just got out of that one. I get that you need time and I'm ready to give it to you. You can take your time to heal."

"I'm not asking for time. I don't want it to happen ever."

"I can wait for you, Tine."

"You'll keep trying even when I say no. To some people it may seem romantic but to me it's like you don't respect my wishes at all. If you keep coming back even when I tell you you leave, it's like you don't care about how I feel. It's all about your feelings and what I want is of absolutely no importance."

"Tine, it's not like that. Of course I care about your feelings."

"I don't think so. We got into relationship once. It didn't work out let's leave it at that."

"But it was only because of-"

"Misunderstanding? No, it was because of you. Don't you think every couple has their own share of misunderstanding, fights, problems? You misunderstood everything and were livid, still you should have come to me. You could've shouted at me in anger, accused me but at least you should've done it to my face.

At least you should have given me a chance to explain. That was the least I deserved. After that whether you believed me or not it would have been your decision but at least I would've known the reason. I wouldn't have spent last 3 years wondering where did it go wrong. I wouldn't have spent years blaming and hating myself.

Was I too fat? Am I ugly? Is it because I'm not good at anything? Maybe because I'm not smart enough? I kept criticizing myself. You didn't just break up with me,Wat. You broke my self esteem and confidence. And I still haven't got it back."

Wat stood there with his head hung in shame. Every word Tine uttered was true and Wat realized how utterly selfish he was being. He knew you can't force love neither can you gloss over the pain like it never happened. It is going to stay with them for a long time, maybe forever. Tine may never like him again and that's something he'll have to live with. He can't force Tine to get over everything and live with him happily ever after. It doesn't work like that. Even if he can't take care of Tine as his lover, he can do it as his boss.

"I'm sorry Tine for being selfish right now. I get where you're coming from. I won't force you to do anything. I have only one request."

"What?"

"If you are ever in trouble, please let me know. You don't have to ask for help if you don't want to. Just let me know. That's all I want. We will continue to work like boss and employee and I won't make you uncomfortable in any way."

Tine nodded, "I'm going to rest now. Bye."

Tine plopped down on his bed and snuggled against the pillow tryout to calm his fast beating heart. When Wat had told him to move in with him, gosh his heart had skipped a beat which he didn't like at all. Wat still had an effect on him and it irked him. He has to move on because he wasn't mentally prepared for a relationship with Wat. Wat had broken his trust and Tine couldn't forget that. Even if they got in relationship right now, he would be walking on egg shell around Wat. He would be scared that any mistake of his may ruin their relationship. He would always be worried when Wat would leave him.
They need to grow as person before they even thought of living like a couple. Tine had to love himself first before he even thought of loving Wat.