Held In His Embrace

Sarawat dashed out of his door to Tine's apartment, quickly closing the door behind him as he marched towards Tine's room to find him sitting on the bed huddled in the blanket with tears streaming down his face and a bruise on his cheek. He felt his stomach drop at the sight of younger male, who looked like he had been through something bad.

He made his way to the bed and gingerly sat down beside Tine, "Tine, what happened?"

Tine just whimpered in reply refusing to say anything. Wat assured him, "It's okay, bub. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to."

He didn't even realize he had called Tine 'bub', something he used to call him when they were dating. He wrapped his arms around Tine pulling him on his lap, letting his head fall on his chest and ran his fingers through Tine's hair to sooth him. Tine pulled him even closer to seek his warmth because he felt terribly cold, from inside. Being in Wat's embrace was nothing short of therapy, it felt like home and peace. He wasn't ready to tell him about what had happened today, he wanted to push it to the back of his mind for at least tonight. Right now all he wanted was to be held and loved.

"Bub, do you need anything? You're shaking, are you cold?"

"N-no. I want to take shower."

"Okay-"

Tine looked at Wat with puppy eyes, "Help me take one."

"W-what?"

"You won't?"

"Tine, are you sure?"

"Yes, please Wat."

"Okay bub, whatever you want."

Wat carried him to the bathroom and helped him shower. He felt that Tine needed to be cared and loved right now. He had been through something and he was still hurting because of that. All Wat could do for him right now was take care of him so that he won't breakdown. He dressed Tine and figured he would be hungry right now.

"Should I get you something to eat?"

"Yes. Can you make me Pad Kra Prao."

"Sure bub. Just wait here I'll get it for you."

Tine whined when Wat tried to get up, "No, take me with you."

He laughed at that and carried Tine to the kitchen making him sit on the chair while he prepared the dinner. After he had served the food he looked at Tine just sitting there not even touching his food.

"What happened?"

Tine pouted adorably, "Feed me."

So that's what he did. After they had finished their dinner, Wat carried him back to the room and tucked him under the blanket but as he turned around to leave Tine grabbed his wrist and pulled him on the bed.

"Are you leaving?"

"Yeah-"

"Why? Won't you stay with me? I don't want to be alone."

Wat got under the blanket, "Come here."

He pulled Tine against him and Tine was only too happy to comply. He wrapped his arms around Wat making sure he won't leave.

"Wat, am I good enough?"

"Tine, of course you are."

"Why did you hire me? Because I'm your ex?"

"No. I did dislike you when I saw your resume but you deserved to be there. You had passed the written test and the interview. You were qualified for the job."

"Am I good at my work?"

"Definitely. I'm glad to have such hardworking and dedicated employee."

"Why did you give me that project?"

"Because I knew you would lead it well. Tine, when it comes to business, I don't make sentimental decisions. Whatever praise or work I give you is only because I know you deserve it."

"Am I a S***?"

Wat shouted, "TINE. How dare you say that?"

Tine sniffled, "Everyone calls me that."

"Who did? Tell me their names and I'll make sure they regret that."

"Let it b-be. "

"Tine, tell me. Please bub."

"At office. They talk b-behind my back. There is r-rumor that I s-slept with y-you and that's how I got this j-job."

"What? Why?"

"Jake told everyone."

"That piece of shit. I knew just firing him wasn't enough."

"Today I w-went out with my t-team for d-dinner and they tried to....to m-molest me."

"WHAT? I'm going to kill them. Who were they?"

"Sean and Ryu."

"They are paying for this with their lives."

"No, Wat. Don't please. I just want to forget it."

"But Tine-"

"Please."

"Whatever you want, baby. Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No, I m-managed to run away."

"My baby is strong."

"I am?"

"Yes, you are. You're stronger than you know, Tine."

"I feel weak and pathetic."

"Why?"

"Because I always get in trouble."

"No, bub. It's not because you're weak. It's because the society is messes up. People try to hurt you because you're precious little thing and it's not your fault in any way. It's all on them for being monsters. You protected yourself, Tine. You did great."

"Am I a good boy?" Tine didn't want to think how childish he sounded right now.

"Yes, you are, bub. My good boy. Tine why don't you take self defense classes? It will build up your strength and confidence. You won't need anyone to protect you."

"Okay."

"I'll get you enrolled in one whenever you're ready."

"Wat?"

"Hmm? "

"Do you still love me?"

Wat thrown off with this question but decided to answer truthfully, "Yes I do. If I am making you uncomfortable then I can leave."

"Don't. Stay with me."

"Okay."

"For a long time."

Wat was confused, "Huh?"

"Sarawat, will you be my boyfriend?"

"I... What.... But-I.. It's-" To say Wat was shocked would be an understatement. He couldn't form coherent sentence.

"You don't have to answer right now if-"

"Yes. A million times yes, baby."

"Thanks for waiting for me."

"Tine, you can think this through if you want. You went through a lot today so maybe you aren't thinking straight."

"I want this. Being with you makes me happy, Wat and I want to be happy now. I have been sad for too long."

"You deserve all the happiness in this goddamn world and I'm ready to shower you with it."

"Tine wants kissie." Tine pouted adorably.

Sarawat gulped nervously.