67: LIFETIME

Days, weeks and months have passed. Bea hasn't wake up for three months.
Before the proposal happened, Bea signed a document of DNR and revealed in her last will that if she's in comatose state for 100days she will be taken off life support.

Hearing that makes Jhoana's life upside down. It's the 99th day.

And tomorrow if nothing still happens her parents will honor Bea's wishes.

Jhoana

Hearing all this documents that Bea signed made my heart shattered into pieces.
I was engaged with her moments ago and now here we are hoping to all gods that she'd wake up today.

It's almost midnight. I am now alone with Bea.

Mommy Det and Daddy Elmer left us for some privacy and alone time.

I sat next to her bed. I hold her hand and kissed it.

"Hi Love it's Day 99, you are making me sad right now. You promised that you won't make me sad. Please wake up, I don't want to spend my days alone. I don't want it with somebody else. All that I can think of is being with you. Being loved by you. My future with you and our future family. Standing in the end of aisle with you, telling our vows, exchanging rings and kissing you in front of all the people who love and know us. Don't leave me alone like this, hindi ko kakayanin Isabel. We've been through worst, ngayon pa ba tayo susuko? Wake up my love, wake up for me. I need you. I want you here beside me. Come back to me Beatriz, I want to marry you. I want to wake up next to you because waking up with you is the most beautiful place I've ever been. You are my Home Bei, you will always have been."

I slept next to her after that. I want to seize our remaining hours beside each other. I'm hoping and praying for a miracle for the next 20hours.
I hugged her as I can still feel her warm.

"Gising na mahal ko." Jhoana

I woke up at 8am hoping that there's a good news but I am still waking up with asleep Beatriz.

Bea is scheduled to be removed from life support at 8pm.

I don't want to leave in this room.

I'm not ready and I don't think I will ever be.

My phone started ringing it's Dra. Kim

"Good morning Jhoana, are you with Bea?" Dra. Kim

"Good morning, Doc! Yes, I never left her." Jhoana

"Good, now I want you to stay focused never let any doctor or nurse be near Beatriz." Dra. Kim

"Why? How could I do that?" Jhoana

"Just tell them that as the fiancé you don't want any medications because she will be remove from life support." Dra. Kim

"But why?" Jhoana

"Just trust me Jhoana. I'll see you in a few hours." Dra. Kim

Then she dropped the call.

Dra. Kim was removed from Bea's case and was replaced by Dr. Mikee Reyes. It was kinda weird but they said it's hospital's policy.

Time passes and all of Bea's close friends are here and immediate family members.

Tita Det organize a mass at 5pm. I haven't heard from Dra. Kim. And I keep stalling Dr. Mikee and the nurses.

The priest started the mass inside Bea's room.

The mass ended soon enough. Everyone has given a time to be with Bea.

Seeing her proposal ring—engagement ring, our photos that night and her speech that melt my heart. The way we look so happy. I can't imagine how my life would be without Bea.
I only have an hour and Dr. Mikee is bugging me.