Chapter 23: Moment of Truth

Jho POV

Yes, kami na Nico. I've been keeping this a secret for a long time. It's also one of the reason kung bakit hindi ako sumasama sa get together ng ALE. Even if I want to, kahit gustong gusto kong sumama sa kanila.

Nico courted me for about 8 months. I met him again a year ago. I don't know how but I remember, I bumped him sa mall then he wanted to treat and talk to me. He said he's sorry and all. I thought after that one meeting, everything will be done. But after a few days, someone was looking for me sa lobby ng office.

It was kinda weird cause really I didn't said, where I was working. I asked him how did he find me, he told that I said but honestly, I didn't say where I was, but he found me. He asked me for lunch and I said yes kasi wala naman akong ibang gagawain pa. He was around the block and decided to make a visit. Sakto daw naman na lunch.

So I only thought it's gonna be one lunch but it became a routine, it's either lunch or dinner then he's gonna drop me off sa building ng condo. Hanggang sa nasanay na ako for four months. Then one night, right we're having dinner, he asked and popped the question, if he can court me.

I left him at the restaurant.
I left him.

I left him because all those four months. I forgot about Bea. I forgot her all along, I forgot that I should visit her but I didn't. That's why I ran away and found myself in front of her...

It has been two years that day and I forgot about that, her death anniversary. I was busy, busy with Nico and work. I hated myself that time. I was crying in front of her. Then I felt someone tapped my back and it was Nico.

" I know you still love her and no one's gonna replace Bea ever. I know and always will but Jhoana let me love you. You've been sad all along and I want to make you happy. I'm not expecting anything in return, but if you'll let me. I'm gonna love you and court you forever." Nico

An idea came into my mind. That's why I let him to court me. That's why I kept it from the Team even sa pamilya ko. Dahil alam kong magagalit sila kapag nalaman nilang, pinapasok kong muli sa buhay ko si Nico.

But the thing is, no one pops out from nowhere and be back whenever they feel like. He's been gone the day Bea died and now he's back? Back for what? I'm feeling something but I cannot let myself be fooled by this guy again. So I promised myself that it's gonna be a secret between me and Bea's grave.

I need to know, why he was gone when Bea died.

~~~

I told it to team Besh and Maddie the story of why I did answer Nico. Cause for the past eight months of courting, he hasn't answered why he was gone for more than a year. Where he went and where did he go. Even Miguel and Kiefer, we don't know where they went after that. The rest of team understand my point of view.

Gets ko naman kung bakit umalis sina Jia, and I will talk to them throughly. I just don't want my plan be put to waste.

It's been three years and Bea's death hasn't been given enough justice. She just didn't die just like that.

Ate Ly talked to me and said give the three person time because eventually they'll come around. But I have decided not to tell them because I want this to be in a natural way.

I know the three of them really hate Nico and that would be also a good timing, hindi pwede na buong team eh biglang okay na lang kay Nico. We need some villains here. Kidding.

Team Besh and Maddie, asked me what my plan is. I told them to act naturally in front of Nico and ako na bahala sa iba. They all agree naman even though they are hesitant at first because everything is risky.