Chapter 15: This is a Letter from me to you

Jho
Yesterday was a total disaster. Natalo kami against FEU. I'm having this hallucinations na nakikita ko si Bea. When in fact hindi naman daw talaga nandun si Bea, sabi nina Maddie.

Sa sobrang pag-iisip ko, I found myself sa sasakyan ko papunta sa bahay nina Bea. Sa sobrang lutang ko di ko namalayan na may kasama pala ako.

"Saan tayo pupunta Jho?" Jia

"Huh? Bakit nandito ka?" Jho

"Luh? You asked me kaya...kaya sumakay ako. Wala ka nang magagawa parang lutang na lutang ka sige sasama na ako talaga." Jia

"Ohh-kayyy. Pupunta lang ako sa bahay nina Bea. Tambay lang kasi sabi ni Coach wag daw muna ako magpractice maybe I need some time daw. Dahil sa nangyari kahapon." Jho

"Okay go samahan kita kahit saan." Jia

30mins away from Eliazo ang bahay ni Bea but unfortunately traffic sa loob ng Ateneo kaya umabot pa ng another 15mins bago kami makadating.

I got my key and opened their gate.

Dumiretso agad ako sa kwarto ni Beatriz. Nothing has changed. Nanatili ito kung paano iniwan ni Beatriz.

I went inside her closet to get a tshirt. That I would smell until I fall asleep.

"Hey Jho!" Jia

"Yes Jia?" Jho

"Diba ikaw ang nagsulat nito? Hindi ata nabasa ni Bea." Jia

"Ang ano?" Jho

"Ito oh!" Jia

Jia showed a white envelope with Beatriz on front.

"I found it before right here sa bed table niya pero nakita ko sa ilalim ng kama niya." Jia

"I don't think I wrote that." Jho

"It's already open, nabasa na niya siguro." Jia

Binuksan ko naman yung letter.

"Hindi ko handwriting to." Jho

Dear Isabel Beatriz,

I can't tell you how many times I've sat down and tried to put these words on paper. Trying to write about you but unfortunately, I can't remember you. Or the things you are saying to me about us. I know it's hard to accept the reality we are in now. But you need to. I'm happy now with Nico and I hope you would accept that. Even I cannot remember what we "had" as you would say. I don't want you to dwell on it anymore. If it's true, I'm not in that position right now. I'm happily inlove with Nico and I don't want to lose him. I don't want to lose you also, you are my bestfriend and I want you to stop this ridiculous thing you are doing. You are overstepping and I don't want you to ruin my relationship with him. I love you as my bestfriend and that's the only thing I can offer. I'm sorry about this, that I cannot tell this in front of you. I know I'm weak and I don't want to see you crying or whatever. Please accept this as my way of apologizing. I cannot accept your stories and I cannot give back the love you wanted. I'm sorry Beatriz. I only have one wish, I want you to let me go. Let me go now Beatriz. I want you to find your happiness pero hindi sakin. I'm sorry.

Sincerely,
Jhoana

I read it out loud in order for Jia to hear it also.

"Did you ask her to let you go?" Jia

"No I didn't, it's not even my handwriting. Kelan mo ba 'to nakita?" Jho