Chapter 32: Turning Tables

Jhoana

It's a shiny Sunday, a day to refuel my soul and be grateful for the blessings in my life. Sunday sunday... meaning it's Jhoana and Nico day tho magkaaway kami but I guess we will be okay later. He texted me to be prepared cause we're gonna go to church.

This week has been exhausting... got loads of work and then the party which end up as a total disaster and a hangover. Never again! Maybe I really need this JhoNico time. I was thinking to pass it but I he's persistent to make it up to me.

Last night dinner with Ate Ella was remarkable as I remember the most disastrous thing that I did. I kissed a random stranger, just because I thought that it was a dream and it's Bea. Of all the things that will happen to me. The worst scenarios and moments come in one day on a one person who I don't know but a good samaritan who helped me.

I don't know how to make it up to her. But I hope she can meet me up so I can personally thank her for saving my ass.

As I was being eaten by my own thoughts. I heard my phone ring which brought me back to reality.

"Hello?" Jhoana

"Love I'll pick you up by 10 am so we could have lunch before sunday service. I miss you." Nico

"A'ight I'll see you later." Jhoana

I dropped the call because my mood is not up for a chit chat calls.

I went to my inbox and checked if the person texted me back again but no luck. Maybe she blocked me because of what I did. Damn Jhoana what a really dumbass move! I still texted her. I'm hesitating if I should go to her imessage directly but I think I would invade her privacy??? I don't even know what to do anymore aaahhhhh!!!

I prepared my things and ate my breakfast before Nico picked me up and got a good long shower,good thing I woke up extra early so I can feel this warm long bath.. I wish I could stay here and relax. Badly need ni Madam ng relaxation kahit kagagaling lang ng vacation.

Workload and job order on weekdays is very tiring. Buti na lang yung studio namin tuwing weekends lang and so far wala pa naman kaming client. Buti di sumasabay sa workloads ko ngayon sa office.

We opened that studio for company portraits. It's really my dream job but photography doesn't pay my bills pa. I mostly took portraits of company CEO which Mr.Kudo recommended to his colleagues. I also have on call photographers when there's an urgent and big clients to handle. I am really living the dream life but minus the Mrs. De Leon....

Okay no need to drama. I should go to the cementery tomorrow. I have a lot of things to tell her. It's been years since I went to her kaya siguro napapanaginipan ko siya.

Anyways I got all my things and opened my playlist just to kill some time while waiting for Nico who is now late...which is really unusual.

I was kinda drifting off to sleep dahil late na ako nakatulog kaiisip sa kagagahan na ginawa ko when I heard someone rang my doorbell.

I lazily went to my door to get it. And it is Nico as usual. The man I've been waiting for 30minutes already.

"Hi Love sorry I'm late I was caught up to my Dad's errand naipit ako sorry. I didn't mean to make you wait." Nico

"It's okay, I was planning to sleep kung hindi tuloy." Jhoana

"No no... sayang naman outfit and preparation mo for this and I want to make it up to you for what I did yesterday. I shouldn't have said that. My temper just got short again... I'm sorry love." Nico

"It's sunday so yes I'll forgive you." Jhoana

"Ohh hahahaha thanks love. So come on? Let's go for JhoNico day. Where do you want to eat?" Nico

"Anywhere with you." Jhoana

"Cheesy mo today." Nico

"Last na yun! Balakajan let's go na." Jhoana

Nico

Ang bilis magbago ng mood hayy Thank You Lord for bringing Jhoana back to me. Long process and you know.. pero in the end sakin pa din pala siya. The best ka talaga Lord!

I hope everything that I heard is not true. That won't be possible right? The owner of Lion X Machina? Maybe kapangalan lang talaga. Well they are our biggest competitor advantage pa nila international company kaya siguro company nina Jhoana kinuha kasi big account.

As soon as I heard from Papa that the international company is gonna based here. Naging busy kami kasi once na malaunch yon dito pwedeng humina company namin.

My Papa said that the owner is Isabel Paras. Her name is quite familiar that's why I was shocked when I heard the company name that Jhoana said. Well it can't be, because she's dead for five years.

I am thirty minutes late sa pagsundo kay Jhoana because I had to meet up with my private investigator and the only thing that he can come up is Thirdy as the owner. Well the true owner doesn't reveal her identity yet. I need to wait for launch of her company before everything else.

It's quite odd that the owner is letting Thirdy be the face of it and also there's another woman who's behind it Bianca Floi is the name but she's an Atenean alumni too. Maybe the three of them are good friends. But I cannot think of their common denominator, nobody's linked between them. I guess I have to wait indeed.
I drove my car away from Jhoana's house.