ℭ2:𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℌ𝔬𝔴 ?

Ayanokouji's POV:

The sunset has an end, so does freedom...yet we seek them in far and distant endless lands running across the depths of struggles shedding blood, sweat and.....

"Potatoes"

I turned to see Sasha running while panting as she begged 

"Give...me....po.....ta....toes"

Her desire for potatoes runs deep enough to be ignorant that we have been assigned to run till will drop dead till the sunset....but rather when her meal privileges were lost for 5 days. 

I could see a few recruits in the cabin balcony talking about us, I wonder how pathetic do they think my introduction was. 

After sunset she dropped on the ground face first as I stood there scanning the dark vicinity, after all, the white room regiment made us do much stricter and longer runs to improve our stamina. But I acted very tired to remove suspicious eyes which may be lurking in the shadows.

As I stated correctly, came a small girl with blonde hair and bread and water in her hands. I heard a howling fit for devils as Sasha transformed into this metaphorical demon of sorts with glowing red eyes. 

Her speed reached unprecedented levels in a matter of milliseconds as she snatched the bread from the girl's hands causing her to topple over, not wanting that for the person generous enough to offer us food, I caught her before she made contact. She was incredibly light as I gently let her sit on the ground to turn around and witness a rabid Sasha mauling the piece of bread. She then calmed down after the first bite and gleefully said

"This is bread.....and you......are a goddess."

.....You stole my bread too...but I forgive you, I would have done the same for Icecream-chan.

She turned to that blonde girl while uttering those phrases, who just had shown more generosity by giving her water. 

Breaking this comical yet what some would state as a heartwarming situation came forward one of those cold eyes black haired recruits who wasn't yelled at earlier. 

"Why break the rules for potato girl here?"

Potato girl....quite a befitting name, I wonder...would my name be icecream boy. It does have a good ring to it. 

Her words became increasingly morbid as she continued to unfold the reality of that kind girl's actions

"That mindless act of kindness gets you absolutely nowhere"

Contradicting this sentence she picked Sasha up and the kind girl voiced thoughts akin to mine

"I am confused...are you being nice?"

The black hair girl spoke in a haughty tone," I am helping her so she will owe me more in the future." 

Quite...a similar ideology we both uphold. 

"And you, what are you gawking at Kiyotaka?"

Did that black hair girl address me by my first name...I guess it's common enough as Japanese culture doesn't function here

"Nothing."

"Yaya, get your ass in the barracks, meet the recruits.....Oh, and by the way.....your introduction sucked.....but it makes a good shit story for the brats in the barracks"

Stabbing my weak heart with the last few parting words she left leaving me and that kind girl alone. She got up while dusting off her grey-white clothes, she thanked me

"Kiyotaka, I thank you for not letting me fall. I also apologise for the unavailability of food, as it was snatched by her before I could split it in two."