ℭ:30 𝔑𝔢𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰

C30:Negotiations

Oftentimes, words fail to describe the happenings around us. Situations that words just can't encapsulate. Having humans turn into titans while you watch your comrades die as you get shot off into distant land to the receding faces devoid of colour, was an example of such a situation.

I could see Eren's fuse ready to break, in fact the way he was flailing around was similar to a toddler's. His screams, though, sapped out his energy as they diluted in the air. The scenery quickly changed from a place of chaos and smoking buildings to the calm scenic view of the lush green landscape having scattered titans lying around watching us with predatory eyes. 

The titan moved into the forest as the branches almost gouged my eyes out. The velocity was quick and snappy. Many branches broke against my flesh as we were held like ragged dolls. 

My body didn't have the stamina, unfortunately, to keep up with this world for extreme durations. I had realised this a while back. The humans in this world had a level of strength that would be similar to being on steroidal medications.

Fortunately, the White Room restricted us from ever using performance-boosting medications, quoting

"If you need such tools to have strength. Better rot with the other hundred of your deceased lab rats....fucking weaklings."

The instructor was a heartless one as he had almost killed off the scientist who had created such a medication to help the others have an edge over me.

Thinking such thoughts, I waited until we landed on a tree with its branches sprawling like a canopy.

My eyes shut off as I saw.....

Ymir....

Interesting.

After a couple of minutes, I felt sufficient energy come back to me as I opened my eyes once more.

"You are a quick one. Arent'cha?"

Ymir's gruff and high-pitched voice was quite prominent. Smoke emanated from the two 'now' humans, Berthould and Reiner.

"Stop it Ymir." Reiner's voice sharply emitted from his foggy presence.

Was the intense amount of smoke a side effect of turning humans from titan form?

After my...food mate....this is the second scenario where this is true.

Could this hint that others can also be induced to have these powers. If so, how exactly? Was it an injection? Or perhaps a ritual of sorts? What was the basis to begin with?

Questions revelled in my mind but I focused on the present.

In front of me were 2 Titans and Ymir, who seemed too prepared for this unexpected scenario. In fact she wasn't held like a ragdoll like myself and Eren. Something happened, but I didn't ask why.

Berthould remained silent as there was a strange yet accepting quietness between us all. They were probably trying to gauge my reactions as all three looked at with observing eyes.

Is this what happens at those birthday parties where everyone is staring at you cutting a cake?

It certainly is quite awkward.

But it was a pleasant surprise that I  was getting more adept at recognising social scenarios. Perhaps all this war-like atmosphere helped me in certain aspects.

"AHH AHH STOP LET ME GO NOW!!!"

It seems Eren had woken up from his moments of exhaustion.

"Good evening, Eren," I said with as loud of a voice as I could given that  I wanted to see how my surroundings would react.