ℭ13: 𝔗𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔫 in the ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢

Ayanokouji's POV

All stood there, silent, contemplating the tags I had adorned their necks with. It seems all that pressure and revelations had made them ignorant of the fact that I had basically called them worthless at that point. 

It's quite understandable.

However, right now what is most important is  the choice they make and the consequences they might suffer because of it.

A few started to leave, some were taking a few steps back. This is quite wonderful, it seems, at least they aren't running away and actually giving my proposal a serious thought. It seems some have already made up their mind.

I could see a few coming forward. I wouldn't say it's surprising but Eren and Armin were the first to immediately come on board with my plan. It seems, after that incident, they have become quite loyal to me. 

Oh, it seems a few more visages have vanished in the uncertain crowd.

After about 15 minutes of just waiting, we had the candidates, who had just signed up for hell. 

I nodded at Levi who was just standing there with the strangest look on his face. Commander Erwin ushered me to follow him to the back and said

"I don't have any personal interactions with you, Kiyotaka. Yet I have a complete database on all your actions leading up to this moment. I was honestly quite sceptical of you."

"I don't blame you for that Commander. After all, I am a threat to many eyes."

"And a saviour to many, I don't think you realise...You have done a lot as a recruit who just started out. Surely, your methodologies are controversial and under a lot of observation. Not even hell itself can deny the fact, that we owe you our lives...you are a capable recruit."

"I feel there is a but coming.."

"Indeed, while I had slight intuition that you have leadership skills, based on how you controlled 20 of your comrades but at this scale, this type of inspiration is quite uncanny. 

It's like...

You control your personality and skills on a whim as if it's child's play."

How very observant, to be able to get a read on me, this early. Well, he is the commander, I suppose he has a good eye on him. 

"I think you making a logical jump here, just based on intuition. My leadership skills are just...average."

"I........see. Very well then, I simply wanted to congratulate you and thank you, for bringing the highest amount of recruits to join the squad, to date. It truly is an achievement. I am sure Levi will be very proud of you."

"Was that a joke?"

"They were right about you, not laughing. That's the best one I had. Regardless, it seems your comrades are waiting for you."

"Oh alright. Have a good day. I shall take my leave"

I walked off the side, questioning what was his motive to let me know, that he has caught onto my actions...

"Hello everyone, I am glad to see you all have accepted it."

"Of course we did! We are friends after all!"Historia chirped

"I see"

"Hey Kiyotaka, you gave a big ass speech and fought off all the titans, if you are such a bigshot...why didn't you keep your promise?" Jean somberly asked