𝕮26: 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖉 𝕽𝖊𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘

C26: Chipped Remains

With quick breaths, we rushed to the Utgard Castle where the members of the Reiner squad were located. The time given was hard enough as the physical exhaustion paled compared to the immense stress riding on the heads of the Corp members as we galloped ahead. Watching Levi with a sideways glance showed his calmness which weaved a beautiful mask over the tensed and calculating mastermind behind it. This was a necessary quality he had to possess in order to survive this long. Levi would probably be a perfect fit in the White Room's generation 5 crushing the likes of Yagami and Amasawa.

My head cramped up as I thought that and felt like a thousand lashings from a whip but it went away as soon as it came.

"Hey pay attention brat, we will be reaching the warzone in about 15 minutes hence heed every command I say. Upon arrival, you and I will not be jumping into the fray, rather we will be the ones using the others as distractions to enter the castle and rescue the other members. I hope that's crystal clear. I don't want another brat with goddam hero complex to cook up some time-consuming shenanigans." Levi instructed me as the galloping of the horses drowned out most of the loudness.

I shouted back with enough audibility as I said, "Says the one trying to be the saviour rather than the hunter, such a shameless hypocrite." Levi huffed as he grumbled,"One day I will cut off your tongue and auction it off to the titans, fast-talking devil.No one ever taught you to respect your elders or what?" I could hear the incessant mumbling of his behind the gallops and heavy breaths, 'Why are we so similar.'

I feigned ignorance as I grasped the key details of his order. I looked forward into the foggy atmosphere as I started dissecting the directive into parts and tried to find the most optimal way to carry it out while keeping my purpose intact. The horseshoes came to a halt after a while as the foggy weather cleared up and we came into the vicinity of the titans towering over us. The ground below us trembled and shook under the mighty steps of the humongous beings rushing towards the tower devouring everything under them.

If I had to do a quick count, there were about 40 to 50 titans in the area but what bothered me was, how did it come to this? Grouping up of titans was unheard off unless, it was forced. The only other time this happened, was when I had lured them into my trap. Was this just a crazy coincidence? Who am I kidding,

Freaky coincidences don't exist.

"HOLY FRICK! HOW MANY ARE THERE????WE ARE DOO-"Conny shouted in disbelief but was rudely interrupted by a smack on the head by Hanji, "Shut your whiny sorry ass up. Focus on what's ahead and follow through with the plan. A single mistake and say goodbye to your dinners." She growled as I could see sweat beads pooling over at her forehead. This was a rude awakening that no matter how experienced or study we may have done on these titans, every move can be the last if caution wasn't taken.

Speaking of fear,Armin was trembling behind the bold and muscleheaded pair. I jumped off my horse and started walking towards him as a scarred hand fell on my shoulder as it held me back, with a force of a brick wall. I turned to the side as Levi's orbs bore into mine giving me a signal in a slight whisper

"Do what's necessary but don't dare go overboard, that's my job." His hand unhinged as I nodded and walked to them and spoke to Mikasa, "Hey guys, Levi was calling you and Eren." Hearing his name, seems to make them automatically turn into mindless robots as they walked towards him without question. Looking at the power this man had, was indeed impressive. I turned to Armin as I sighed and took out my rucksack having a flask. I drank a bit of the water and drowned Armin with the rest of it.