ℭ16: 𝔐𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔠𝔲𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰

C16: Miscalculations

Ayanokouji's POV

I let off the White smoke signal, this marks the start of the catastrophe. Oftentimes, circumstances can change even on the slightest miscalculation. In this scenario, it was no different. The female titan or Annie Leonhart was a threat and a miscalculation.

This was my miscalculation, I hadn't analyzed the existence of a human that could potentially turn into a titan and revert back to it's human state. This brings up a myriad of questions to which, I don't have a single answer. It's like being a child in the white room, with no knowledge, brimming with the desire for it.

Multiple visages had splattered and had been crushed under the behemoth's rampage. It's speed was unparalleled and so was it's strength fueled by a goal and enormous bloodlust. A titan of this stature combined with such skills can cause a plethora of various consequences, out of my control. I finally had the forest in sight, I saw the splitting of the groups as only the Levi squad entered that narrow opening into the dense forest with a thick canopy of green darkness.

This will be a massacre if the titan enters the forest area. I have to hurry, thinking so, I entered the forest. I scanned my surroundings for possible escape routes but all I saw was a man being flung. Am I too late? If I don't group up, I am going to die. This threat is not something that can be dealt with by a single person. It took a whole change in-universe, for me to meet my match.

I galloped while thinking such thoughts as I finally caught up to them but I don't have much time. They were refusing to look behind to welcome a new visitor, the only way their focus would be shifted was upon hearing the footsteps of the titan. But I couldn't and didn't wait, as I zapped in front of the squad breaking their formation.

Petra shouted, "What are you doing here Ayanokouji!!! You are supposed to be with the others."

I could also notice Eren and the rest of the members gaping in surprise, after all, covering such a large area wasn't possible unless that person was an expert horseman.

"That titan is after Eren and me, grouping up will help us concentrate our forces in one reinforced area. I will explain why, later. Captain Levi, Eren is your responsibility." I addressed the present situation with calmness as I told my plan. It seemed the group took it positively.

"HEY KIYOTAKA, next time, don't risk your goddamm life just for information. I saw that f*cking signal."He growled but it was muffled by the strong winds. Everyone was obviously confused by this yet the overwhelming fear of a titan approaching had grasped them. This was one of the few times, I felt uncertain. This was, surprising. Uncharacteristic of me.

Was this fear?

No, rather a toxic curiosity.

=====================

CRASHHHHH

I turned my head to find a person getting crushed by the entry of the Female Titan. It set off, not just Eren's but rest of the Squad, leaving Levi and me silent. The menacing look on her face sent shivers down Eren's spine as he exploded with a train of words,"H-Hey, Captain why aren't we saving them? Why can't we?? WHY AREN'T WE STOPPING!??!!"

Gunther cut him off as his shivering voice articulated a response,"SHUT UP!! Just keep moving!!"

Levi gave his cold response, "Your key, and eyes on the location are the only hope that w e have.Keeping you alive is the top priority. THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO KIYOTAKA. DON'T DO ANYTHING RASH."