ℭ10: ℭ𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔥 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔯𝔬𝔴𝔫𝔰

Ayanokouji's POV

Clank

Clank

As I opened my eyes, my pupils stared at the man I wanted to meet, he was just as emotionless as me...yet I felt he was more humane than me, how ironical.

I looked around to see myself in a jail cell. I turned to see a few other individuals from the Cadet Corps. It seems I  have arrived here just as expected. Considering the recent traction I gained, I had to be only under the radar of these individuals...though this room...is a bit over paranoia...even by my estimations.

Commander Erwin spoke up to shed light on this situation of mine.

"I apologise for the mistreatment you are receiving after you saved our motherland."

He bowed to me along with the others except for Levi. It seems he has a certain ill temperament towards me.

He slammed the iron bars with a reverberating noise as he asked quietly

"Hey, were you the one to leak my last name to the entire military?"

I shook my head signifying a no. It was technically truthful as I had no involvement whatsoever in that particular tidbit.

As far as I remember, his full name spread through rumours which were quite consistent, Ackerman.

No one knows why or who did this and how it holds any significance....except me

I remember the specific instance stated by an infamous person on an encounter during those 3 years.

'If you wish for the suffering to stop for you and your fellow comrades.I wish you and Levi Ackerman, the best of luck'

His words were important, especially at the end. What he said though, will remain deep within my mind until the time is right.

Erwin stopped Levi from further questioning his personal matters and went straight to the point.

"As you may have realised, the reason for locking you here is simple. Your motives have been doubted and your actions are also quite different.

Your phenomenal rise in leadership and overall capabilities that had never been earlier displayed have suddenly surfaced.

Your skills according to most, were beyond what you or your comrades, were ever taught.

Your calm presence and unflinching attitude even upon the death of your beloved comrades. It is, to say the least, unnatural.

This begs the following questions

How...and why did you do this?

Was it simply the threat of titans?

Or was it more?

And finally...

If that particular reason was not there, would you have not stepped up today and left countless lives to be taken away?"

His voice bellowed through the cell as the rest of the cell as they waited with bated breath for my response.

He was right. All of the showmanship up until this point was to meet these very individuals. I had succeeded in my goals, albeit I didn't expect such poor hospitality.

"Hence it seems, my motives are under suspicion? That shouldn't matter, should it? I carried out my duty to the fullest extent, didn't I? I also have saved countless lives and this is what I get in return? Quite pathetic of such an esteemed regiment such as yours.