ℭ6:𝔈𝔩𝔢𝔭𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔰 𝔳𝔰 A𝔫𝔱𝔰

Ayanokouji's POV:

 Have you ever felt the overbearing sense of dread coursing through your veins and the sense of inevitability through your arteries?

Well, today as of this very moment this feeling is predominant through the recruits who while are extremely strong-willed are also novices in this field of exterminating titans. In a way they are also murderers, so am I....but it would simply dampen their will if I decided to disclose his recently available information.  

Connie had pointed out, "We need the gas, without it we can forget about getting any chance of fighting these titans."

To this Mileus added," Titans have surrounded the HQ. WE HAVE NOTHING!" 

He raised his voice in frustration at their inevitable defeat

Sasha tried to boost everyone's spirits," Guys, we can do it! I know we can...I mean Kiyotaka came put from the Titan's mouth...If an average guy like him can do it, so can we!!" 

While Sasha's statement could be taken as an insult she was too busy trying to motivate her comrades to have said it in a negative sense. Quite a few recruits were already Titan fodder. We don't know what is safe and what isn't....we are now stuck in a grey box.

Some agreed Eren raised a valid point," Ayanokouji came out maybe by skill or by sheer luck...both of which are not going to happen a lot, so forget counting on it."

Before she replied Armin suggested," Why don't we use a form of distraction to lure the titans away and refill on gas?"

It was exactly what was running on my mind, as expected Armin is quite intellectual.

Connie asked, "What exactly will we use as bait? Do you mean real people, the people we are trying so desperately to protect?"

A horrified expression etched on Armin's face showing clearly his lack of planning. I decided to give this plan a little push.

"Why don't we separate? While the others fly around and distract the titans...giving us a few minutes to walk in and take out the cylinders of gas?"I laid down my proposal to which Armin and Eren immediately lightened up. 

"Yes let's do exactly what Kiyotaka said" Eren spoke with confidence and newfound resolve.

"Y-Ya...He is right guys it makes sense."Armin also readily agreed.

"How long?" Mikasa stood up from her previously droopy state 

  Everyone's discussion quietened at her proposal since not long before she was publicly scorned. 

She continued speaking in a steady tone, "I understand what I did was wrong and while trying to keep my promise of protecting Eren, I became tunnel-visioned...hence I wish to apologise and take part in the distraction unit."

She finished her words to find Annie glaring at her and saying a few simple words

"If Eren died, would you still be sorry?"

Mikasa was put in a difficult position as I am quite certain that she would have been ruthless and destroyed me at a moment's notice if such a possibility happened, 

"B-But, that didn't happen right...let's move on."

Historia tried to reduce this increasing tension.

"I wouldn't have apologised then"Mikasa's words made a disgusted yet satisfied expression mark on Annie's face as she spoke one last time

"No one here carries the burden of someone's life, other than themselves. Don't apologise if you don't mean it."

"I think I can speak for myself, Annie."