𝕮 19: 𝖂𝖊𝖆𝝹?&𝕼𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘?

C 19: Weak? Questions?

Weakness isn't a reason—just another excuse.

The wind blew loud but not loud enough, to drown out the noise still ringing in my mind. What happened to me today? This is the first time after that day, I felt...weak. I did manage to carry out my plan successfully but given the new terrain and opponents, it threw my facade out of the window. I had shown multiple times, my true self to others. The reactions were as expected, not well. It didn't matter much though, since I completed my objective and will be relieved from constant observation.

  The cost was immaterial. I will simply have to adapt, just like I always have.

The main caveat that would soon follow, was the capture of the Female Titan. How do I gain control of this beast? I know my strength doesn't match her. I need to get stronger both physically and especially mentally. There are enough muscles to pass around but a lack in the brain department. Most think with the thing in their chest rather than the thing in their head. For now, I should withhold the information and make sure Eren doesn't run his mouth revealing the information, that will be extremely crucial to my future in this world.

I felt the grip on my body increase as I turned to face my saviour, who gave me a slight look of guilt as she took another swing and landed. I spoke out in gratefulness, "It seems I owe you, Mikasa. After all, you saved my life." 

She nodded as she took a step back as she sceptically, "I see. But I don't think your words match your face. Uh, Is Eren okay?" She immediately headed over to him as I walked over to the barracks, not giving a second look to anyone as I heard Levi's voice in the background.

'Don't follow him, let that brat be for now.'

I went to my assigned quarters and dropped on the bed. My body almost had given up there. How does everyone here, have such abundant reserves of stamina? This furthers my hypothesis of enhanced genes of some sort. Is it possible for me to also acquire such capabilities? Sigh, it seems my answers increased and so did my questions. After a few minutes of rest, I heard a knock at my door and spoke

"It's open." 

"Hey, it's Armin." came a voice that I was awaiting as he sat down next to my bed. 

"Hello, Armin." 

"Uh, I know what Levi said that I should let you rest. But I really had to ask, why did Eren have a sword wound on his neck? Was it the traitor?" He asked worried for his friend, as I noticed a shadow next to the door. I sat up straight as I leaned on the wall calling out, "Mikasa, you must be tired, sit with Armin."

She trodded forward as a girl caught with her hand in the cookie jar. But in this situation, the seriousness of the situation was ten-fold. I could cook up a story and direct the conversation if it was anyone else. Unfortunately, it was Armin, he was quick-witted and would catch on to the discrepancies if he asked Eren about it, for cross-checking. I looked at their tensed expressions and sweat-covered foreheads and took a deep breath.

Only if I cared so much, things might have been different. 

"That blade was mine, I gave him the wound. Any questions?" I watched their tensed expressions switch to ones filled with horror as I saw Armin's hand go close to his hilt. But it seems Mikasa grabbed his hand before it could. "Don't make the same mistake I did Armin. Let's wait till we have the whole story." Did she take my side? That's an odd twist to the situation. But, I wasn't going to be the one complaining. Her voice dropped a few octaves as she spoke in one clear sentence, "Fill in the details and was the wound fatal?"