ℭ8: S𝔲𝔠𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 P𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯

Ayanokouji's POV:

Anger and resentment brew through the air with their source being the dark coal like eyes of the Captain as he kept on his rants with the pitiful gazes of Eren and Armin directed towards me, those eyes screamed guilt.

This place and the instructors were differing drastically from the White Room instructors who were straightforward with what they wanted. We were allowed to use any means necessary to achieve that specific target. Over here, we have to follow a very specific approach of working with others and moreover achieving the goal. 

The volume of his voice was drowning out the surroundings, as I yet again dived into my goals and moulded them to fit into this drastic change in approach. I have to completely throw away the mindset I had in the White Room, which won't be possible. Over 15 years of an unchanged ingrained ideology can't be overwritten in just a few days or even months. So now, either I just give up or I do something....certain to catch the cadet corps' attention.

Thinking things through I was pulled back into the real world by none other than another incoming slap. Should I stop this? No, it will bring too much attention and will damage my 3 years' worth of illusions. His hits didn't have much power behind them or I may have just not cared. The slap was directed straight at my cheeks to be stopped by a bald-headed individual 

Dot Pixis, our commander was the one holding his hand in an iron grip with a domineering aura surrounding him, "I think you should let him explain himself after we stop the titans."  Captain was trembelling in fear and nodded to him with now awaiting eyes for my  reasoning and the events which happened right under their eyes.Commander then asked," Lad, please join me for a moment."

I nodded and followed along with him to notice a few of my fellow recruits bidding me what seemed to be a final goodbye. Am I going to die again?...... I should be panicking.

Walking on the top of the wall he asked me

 "Do you have no sense of self-preservation in you...."

The same question again and again...but I feel there is more to it.

"....or are you fearless?"

I stayed silent which seemed to have spoken volumes as he smiled at me and said

"OOOhhhh....you are one of the silent types  huh lad?"

He laughed happily...or crazily if I were, to be honest as he spoke again with a switched up the tone

"You killed off 5 titans and your comrades instead of praising you are against you....quite an interesting wouldn't you say?"

"I don't know what you are talking about. I just did what I had to. My comrades are right about yelling at my lack of teamwork"

He is smart and observant, answering more of his questions will throw me into his traps. Escaping this is what I need to focus on......unless I  can use this to my advantage. 

"Hah, humble lad indeed. You were not supposed to do it. You were supposed to be an ordinary kid...but you showed such unnatural growth in just one month from jumping up the ranks to today's incident....as if you are trying to get attention from us higherups."

His grin turned toxic as he caught onto the surface of my plan. 

"Couldn't I just have trained harder?"

"Of course, you could....but you didn't."

A bait?

"Why do you say that?"