ℭ 11: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℌ𝔦'𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℌ𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬'𝔰

Ayanokouji's POV

Seething anger and a bloodlust grin were what etched the face of the titans I had slaughtered without a single deliberation for their human form, I had to know, the cause for this transformation. 

If I could find the cause, then an antidote could be discovered or maybe, I can use the very cause to my advantage. The possibilities were there, but for now, all of them were benign.

Thinking so I heard a kick at the door as it banged open with a loud thud. 

Levi wearing a napkin over his face spoke up, "It seems I won't have to kick you awake. Get to cleaning this very instant."

"But my room is already clean."

He scrunched his eyebrows in disbelief as he looked around to find a spotless room. He was quiet for a while and sighed deeply as he ordered, "So what? There are a whole lot of other rooms waiting for you to be cleaned. So get to work this instant."

I understood that while rationality was Levi's strong suit, somehow he was against using rationale with me. I was fine with this though, hence I simply got up and walked off to one of the adjacent rooms with a mop in my hand. 

In the pursual of cleanliness, I had to plan a course of action to gather more data while Petra Rall was lurking in the vicinity as she suddenly walked in to find me moping as well. 

She spoke in a distinct tone of pity,"Hey Kiyotaka, are you disappointed with how Captain Levi acted?..... Ah, I will call you Kiyotaka since he sets the norms around here."

Obedient comrades indeed. 

"No, I have no qualms with the way things are going."

"I can't really tell with that face of yours so I will take you up on your word. But I think it's pretty obvious that he isn't the glorified hero everyone intended him to be. For starters, he is a lot shorter and more quite violent- very intimidating."

"Classifying what a hero should be like, is a pointless endeavour. I never kept any expectations other than the fact that he is capable. So I am not the least bit bothered or disappointed."

She smilingly said,"You have a different mindset Kiyotaka...."

"What I am curious is about, is why I am here. Considering I haven't done anything except follow my orders, why did I  get recruited earlier?" 

She put her chin on the mop handle as she spoke with a matter-of-fact tone,"Isn't it fairly obvious? You have saved countless lives that day, but you have also caused enormous amounts of property damage. Many, especially the higher-ups, didn't enjoy this one bit so they demanded to keep you under strict observation."

Oh, it makes quite a bit of sense, though this was a side effect of my actions, it worked out in my favour.

"I see, did Captain Levi, always follow orders this stringently?"

"Well, as far as I know, Commander Erwin brought him in when he was a famous underground thug...."

"What are you both yapping about?"

She immediately sprang into action as I kept moping the floor till it was spotless clean. 

Captain Levi, it seems you have quite some dirt on you

==========================================================

Eldo Jinn spoke breaking the silence, "After a short standby, we will be planning a outer wall mission with the new recruits. This will be quite risky."