ℭ3: 𝔇𝔯𝔬𝔭 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔡

Ayanokouji's POV:

Do you ever feel that you don't belong somewhere? Well...I thought so as well. 2 years of training has passed, I still don't have a proper place to be. I have stayed completely below everyone's radar, though that kind girl did talk to me frequently, who named herself Historia. 

"Kiyotaka, look forward and not down."

"Yes sir."

Keith's POV:

Reiner Braun, the mind and constitution of a grass-fed ox and respected by comrades.

Armin Arlert, built like a twig but academically a genius. 

Annie Leonhart, with a connection to the sword like no other and an aura of solitary. 

Bertholdt Hoover, enormous potential but too mild-mannered. 

John Kirstein, head of the class on ODM but irritable smartass.

Sasha Blaus, unusually sharp instincts and is unsuitable in teamwork. 

Connie Springer,  superior physical and inferior mental agility. 

Mikasa Ackerman, a genius in all fields and one of the finest candidates in history.

Eren Yeager, has no outstanding capabilities yet his spirit is unwavering. 

And finally, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, a perfect average at everything....no pros....and even worse, no cons.....just....completely...average. 

=======================================================

Ayanokouji's POV:

Attacking the nape, a message regurgitated and flowed through the blood of all us recruits. Titans' Achilles heel, in a way.......but why?

Why does such a behemoth have such an open weakness?

After Annie's attack on the titan replica, I fell down a tree cutting into the nape of the dummy slashed by the other two. While we often confuse cut slash or chop as they are used interchangeably.

But they do have their differences.

Specifically on how it's brought down. While some prefer cutting or a wide arc motion to keep themselves away from the titan, some others prefer to use a slice, which is good enough for unprotected skin as it's a 2 step process with a push to the nape and then a directing it inside....which at least in my world, is the weakest form of cutting through things.

The ODM gear's momentum gave me a more powerful attack as I dived down twisting my body just as Keith, stopped stalking me....creep. 

With hands pulled inside, I pull the hard steel blade in front of my head curling my hands tightly around it going for another slice to the nape just like a swordfish attacking its prey. This time I targeted to pierce at a particular point to increase the damage. A shadow swerved between me and the dummy and tried parrying my attack to which I reflexively twisted causing my upper body to move out of the way of her sharp blade as I let go of the sword and dropped out of the sky with my ODM gear. 

Falling down I adjusted myself to minimise the damage I suffered....after all, successfully defending against Annie would cause havoc in the academy, something I am quite uninterested in. But to my safety came my....knight...no....dame or a female knight...came to my rescue. 

Annie kicked my body midair to give me enough momentum to reattach my ODM gear, as she matched my speed

"You have fast enough reflexes to stop your pierce midway...odd, isn't it? For an average like you."