ℭ 18 𝔚𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔥

C 18 Wrath

(A/N: Read the action scenes carefully, to properly imagine it.)

Ayanokouji's POV

Wrath of a mind brings nothing but destruction. Today destruction was synonymous with my comrade's trust and the smile of the Female Titan.

My blade pierced readily through Eren's sweat-dripping neck ever so slowly as my hand kept a steady grip on the hilt of my scarlet-coloured blade. Annie had to make a crucial choice, one that would shape her future actions and the rest of the country too. She could try to complete her predetermined mission and try to get the vital information from Eren and capture me, in which case, she would lose Eren and obviously....he was more valuable, objectively speaking.

Or

She could forget her mission, and massacre us both. In this way, she could protect her allies and end the immediate threats given that she can somehow complete her original mission, without us. But here is the real question, if this was the perfect option, with the least backlash. Then why wasn't she picking it and ending us both? Is our breathing bodies, just that valuable to her? Could that itself be the central goal? This could be true but who has placed such a target on specifically us? If so, do they know of my abnormal existence? If not, then was it simply Eren, who was this important?

Either way, Eren, was their major target and I was an indispensable side target. As long as I had Eren under my death grip, no matter the strength of the titan. Annie herself would hold back. Unless she was ready to let Eren die. In this case, the story is entirely different. One in which she would be ready to..

WHHHAAAAAMMMMM

....Attack.

There it was, the beginning strike breaking a tree and spreading it's sharp splinters in the vicinity as I dodged with Eren hoisted on my shoulders. I was inches away from death, even with my perfect reflexes as I and Eren were lying on the soil with our eyes on the behemoth. She looked even larger and more menacing from this angle. As expected, Eren was trembling and I was simply trying to escape. Her body twisted to me, as she gave a final grin and decided her option, which was to eliminate us. She had become selfish and forgot about her goal, a flaw of every human. Titans...are after all....humans...

And humans have flaws.

I shot my ODM and swung back to a nearby tree as I felt the titan's azure eyes following my every movement. I looked over a bewildered Eren, as to why I saved him, since a moment ago I was contemplating eliminating him in the first place. Sigh, he seems to not comprehended my true intent even after I laid my plan bare. He was my hostage and not my prey. I spoke out loud, "If you want to survive, to notify the traitors to Levi and the others. Then follow my command to the mark and I can guarantee your escape."

A dead-eyed Eren looked at me with broken trust,"You really expect me to trust you?.... I know you may kill me anyway. Even then if I have a slim chance to deliver the news to Levi and the others. I will help you......Ayanokouji." His eyes were now flourished with resolve and disillusionment.

"Fair enough, Yeager...Listen carefully..." Saying so, I jumped out of the hiding place as I jumped out of the tree as I faced the titan's ever-observing eyes and sped right at it. It's smile came back as it took a step back and had it's right hand rammed towards my direction with a twisted torso accompanying it, increasing the overall potential impact of her incoming attack. I didn't have the time or skills to dodge this hence I went head-on and pierced my blade right in between her knuckles and grabbed on tight. The skin was thin enough for my blade to penetrate and with just a millimetre of difference in position of attack, it would hit her calcified knuckle, leading to my death.