𝕮24: 𝕲𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕯𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖊𝖗

C24: Going Deeper

Ayanokouji's POV

Voices were echoing loudly towards my side as I opened the door to hear the ruckus that was caused.

'The Titans have breached the wall!'

'Oh gosh, what do we do!!!'

'Where is Commander??'

It seems the situation has taken an unprecedented turn as it appears that the titans have made their move again. This time, the attack pierced right into the hearts of everyone as the facts and the rumours collided. The formations were being set up as the tense atmosphere had started suffocating everyone. Given that a lot of my fellow squad mates weren't anywhere in sight, it's probable that they were sent out in scouting. I did find a person I have been waiting to get in touch with.

"Hey Historia, may I talk to you for a minute?" I interrupted Ymir and Sasha's conversation as they went silent upon my unwelcome arrival. Ymir brutally questioned, "How did you pop up suddenly??? One moment you are there other you aren't. Gosh!"

"Hey, Kiyotaka is your body healed up?" Sasha greeted me with concern as I nodded my head. Historia on the other hand was staring at me for a while before saying, "Oh you wanted to talk to me. Just give me a moment, I will meet you in the dining hall in a few minutes."

"Sure take your time. I will meet you then." I left the scene as I embarked to find the man of the hour. Unfortunately, Levi was nowhere in sight and I simply sat down in the dining hall. Talk of the devil and..

"Ayanokouji, get on the cart right now. We have to leave." His gruff tone echoed through the empty room as he looked at my darkened visage. I spoke up, "I will be there in a few minutes. I have some business to take care of."

He stopped a bit as he looked at me for a while. But it seems Hanji came out of her laboratory and pushed him

"Come on, how long are we going to waste time here? I have to get that freak too. Oh....hi Kiyotaka!You joining us?" She stopped a bit in between, considering the incident with my coat. But I never really cared and held no resentment.

"He will be there in a few minutes." I didn't have to say anything as they left quietly and a girl with blonde hair entered the room momentarily after.

"How did you find me?" I asked as she shuffled her feet and sat opposite to me. She said, "Hmm, maybe because you looked this way when you said you had things to do."

As expected, highly observant...

She sat opposite to me forgetting to look at anything other than me. I asked, "Well, now that you are here. Let's talk about your name."

She raised her eyebrows with a question mark floating over her head as she said, "I don't think I am following well. What's wrong with my name Kiyotaka and why is it so important-"

"If I may ask, wasn't your alias supposed to be Christa?" My voice rang through the empty room as I spoke crystal clear.

"What? When was that ever a thing? What are you even talking about?" she was completely bewildered as if unaware of anything. I can sense she is saying the truth...at least her truth.

If so, then what was that...I felt.....

"I see, perhaps I was mistaken. If you answered one more question, I would be gracious." I asked her consent and she looked at me for a second and nodded.

"How close are you to Ymir?" I asked her a simple question with not such a simple answer.

"Well, we are pretty close. But now I am curious, what made you ask such a sudden question? The Kiyotaka I know barely cares about my existence and for that matter...anyone else's." She smiled slightly as she said that. It seemed like a pained smile but I didn't have time to mull over it.

"Hmm, I suppose I am trying to change a bit. After all, Levi has taught me a very important lesson. Anyways, now if you will excuse me, Levi called me a while ago." I said as Historia was quite disturbed by my answer and let me by, I heard a faint whisper.

"Why does it feel like you are lying about everything?"

It wasn't the moment to clear her complex expressions and I hurried off to the carriage outside.

X----------------X

"Kiyotaka you finally came!" Eren's face lit up slightly as he saw me sit on the carriage next to Hanji who was Sitting with the Pastor.

Armin also queried, "What took you so long?"

"Nothing much, I was just having a conversation with Historia a while earlier." I explained as Hanji wrapped her hand around my shoulder and crassly asked, "First Annie and now Historia. Kiddo you hunting titans and girls equally well. Not bad."

She guffawed as I felt the awkwardness between us simmer down a bit. I looked to the side to notice Mikasa's face shift slightly away from the conversation probably finding it uncomfortable. I gently removed Hanji's hand from my shoulder as she then hummed a bit ignoring the fact that the pastor was glaring menacingly at her from time to time.

Eren seemed conflicted about asking me something so I helped him out a bit, "What do you want to ask Eren?"

"Well, uh...it's nothing much...but I just had it bugging in my mind...You really...are well...uhhh...Kiyotaka right?" Eren realised how strange it sounded and rephrased it.

"What I meant was that...I don't want to bring up bad memories but...from the past 2 years that we know you....during the Female titan attack...you changed completely...and now you are back to your old self. I don't really know how to put it...but...which is the real you?"

He asked a question which made me feel an odd sense of deja vu.

"I don't know. At the same time, it's inevitable that my personalities were contradictory. I have no concluding theory as to why I acted like that. Though a presumption can be made that such a stressful situation correlated with my actions and shift in personality. "

After a few moments of breathtaking silence, Hanji decided to break in stopping the odd gazes I received...strongest being Levi's gaze.

She then explained how the Pastor supposedly knew about the Titans being the foundation of the walls encasing this territory. This proved one thing quite clearly, the higher-ups knew a lot more about Titans than they were letting on. If I was able to somehow extract all that information at a future date it would be quite valuable in strengthening my position in front of the cadets and giving them the incentive to join my squad.

For now, the main question was...

How do I infiltrate this corrupt system of the government?

Author's Notes:

Dear Readers

I apologise for the delay but given my hectic life right now, it's quite difficult to write regularly. So I hope to continue writing but without any particular schedule, I hope y'all understand

Have a good day ahead. If you enjoyed the chapter do vote and comment.

Also, isn't Historia just a typo?

Anyways, that's all folks. Do read my other books as well.

Thank you