Chapter One: The Regret Of Putting Your Phone On Silent

}———{

"Okay, Class, it's time we start heading back," Miss bustier said, clapping her hands together to gain the attention of the class, whose attention was scattered across the museum's captivating exhibits.

Marinette looked around for Chloé, she had lost sight of her in the museum after some particularity old blankets made of animal fur had caught her eye .

Marinette slowly moved away from the exhibit, instead focusing on searching the crowd for a blonde wearing a school-assigned field trip T-shirt.

As Marinette passed through to the next exhibit, her eyes latched onto the small sign that credited the maker of the Gotham Natural History Museum.

Marinette, so far, decided that she was enjoying the overall experience of the trip.

Finally, Marinette made out a glimpse of someone's light blonde hair, another person with the same shade of hair beside them.

Her dynamic with Chloé was definitely different compared to most people's friendships'. Sometimes, things had to be translated—made clear that nothing was wrong. Misunderstandings were fixed with letting the other person calmly explain.

This friendship of theirs was built from multiple things, desperation and trust being two of the most vital.

Building this relationship between the two of them had been a slow and rocky thing to create, as both of them were used to things being tense among the two of them. Rather than a tense electric-like anger flowing between the two, there was a sense of forgiveness and friendship—something neither of them had not experienced in a long time—something that was difficult for them to work with correctly.

Their friendship formed with trial and error, each of them as unsure as the other.

Marinette and Chloé had a difficult past that seemed to make the odds of them being friends almost impossible.

Chloé had been Marinette's and the whole classes' bully for as long as the two could remember.

And yet, against the improbabilities, their friendship grew and prospered.

Now, no longer was the bully that Marinette and her classmates knew; now there stood a friend.

—for some, at least.

Lila, someone whom she had thought was harmless against the loyalty of friendship, had turned out to be anything but what she had originally assumed.

Despite the fact that her first few lies had been tough to sell and correctly produce, she actually was talented in the area of telling stories.

And so, Lila's devious tale began, slowly unfolding until the last piece fell  and the puzzle was completed.

The tale was slowly told, she had waited and prepared for weeks, from coming in late with obviously puffy, bright red eyes, to arriving slightly later than usual with a limp or poorly covered bruise.

She told them bit by bit about someone who had been nothing but absolutely vile to her— flat out refusing to tell everyone who it was. That was, until about three months later, when she finally ushered the name of her bully.

Marinette.

At first, no one believed her, not thinking it was a lie, but rather, assuming that she had somehow been wrong.

But then, Marinette had given her the perfect time to fake something, and all of her friends had quickly flown to Lila's side.

All of her friends, but two