Chapter Thirty-Eight: Akuma Meetings & Investigations

{———}

Marinette's next few days were spent in the house, school being set aside for the rest of the week as she waited for her headaches to finally disappear, the bruise hidden in her hair coloring to a dark yellow.

During the time she had to relax, no Akuma had been sent to Paris, making it easier for Marinette.

She had been absolutely exhausted went she had first arrived home from the doctor, the day's events making her use up what little energy she had left in her.

It was two days after the incident, and with Tikki constantly near Marinette, she hardly felt any pain in her head at all.

She was sitting in a chair at the dining table, eating breakfast with her uncle and aunt.

"I was wondering if I could go out today?" Marinette asked as she picked up her fork, directing it to her plate.

Her aunt hesitated. "How are you feeling?"

Marinette let out a small, careless laugh. "I'm absolutely fine. Besides, I think a bit of fresh air would do me some good."

Her aunt smiled at her, though some concern remained in her eyes as she looked at Marinette.

"Where do you plan on going?" Penny asked as she shoved some pancakes into her mouth. "A garden?"

Marinette paused. She thought over her answer carefully before sighing.

"Actually," She started. "I thought I would do some of my duties as Ladybug."

Her aunt's eyes widened in concern as soon as the words left her mouth. Before Marinette's could say anything, her aunt pulled her lips into a straight line, thinking deeply about her answer.

"I asked my Kwami earlier, and I was told that the Miraculous heals me faster," Marinette added, feeling that this information could be what made her aunt decide to let her go.

Her uncle and aunt vaguely knew about the Miraculous, knowing about Kwamis', but not a single one's name.

Truth be told, she had asked Tikki if she was the one speeding up Marinette's recovery, only to be informed that she was not.

Since she was a guardian, the miraculous, along with it's magical box, did it's best to protect her, a cool plus of being the Guardian.

"I say she goes out, if an Akuma comes out she'll have to go anyway," Her uncle said from across the table, his bright eyes gazing down at her.

"Please, just be careful," Penny finally said, finally conceding.

Marinette gave her a stiff, fast nod. "I will."

Marinette ate her food as quickly as possible, happy about making a trip to Paris.

When she was done, she rushed up the stairs and locked her doors, a sense of calm washing over her as all the kwamis she had let out flew to her.

When in her room, Marinette would set some of the Miraculous out for a bit so that they could roam for awhile.

"Hello, Marinette," Wayzz greeted her in his soft, calm voice.

Marinette gave him a small, genuine smile, its shine making Wayzz curl his lips up in happiness.

Marinette walked towards her walk-in closet and slowly clicked the door shut, getting a few minutes of precious privacy.

Marinette quickly pulled on a change of clothes, something that was comfy, and causal, before politely conversating with a few of the kwamis'.

Then, a sense of happiness surrounded her, making her spirit rise slightly, despite the fact that she was headed to investigate and share her thoughts with the team, a more serious and unhappy setting.