Chapter Nine: Enemy or Friend?

{———}

"Marinette I'm your temporary guardian, I get to pay," Jagged said seriously.

Marinette disagreed with this, he should only pay for her fabrics that she uses for commissions that he pays her for.

But in the end, somehow, he had ended up paying for her things. Her school supplies, to be precise.

She had decided that, fine, he could pay for them. She would just have to nick the receipt and sneak some money back into her wallet.

Her uncle had quickly enrolled her into a school that her ushered her, was one of the safest in Gotham. . . Mostly, anyway, as you could not really be completely safe in Gotham.

Marinette was excited to start at a new school. A thousand thoughts passed through her mind when her Uncle she told her she would be going to a different school. She had known she would have to go to another school while here, but she had not really thought about the idea that much.

But she was slightly scared knowing a villain could attack at any given time, though.

She was excited for a new start, one where she wouldn't have to worry about Lila, or any of her other classmates. She would not have to worry about any back-handed comments thrown her way, instead, she would just have to worry about herself and her school work.

Marinette grabbed the bags the cashier handed her, said her thanks, and got in the Limo, heading towards her new home.

Now, she had to get ready, ready for her first day of school.

{———}

Marinette looked at the big building with her stomach in jumbles. She felt jumpy and scared.

She took a deep breath, she had to focus, this school did not have her classmates in it—her old classmates.

"You've got this, Marinette." Tikki whispered to her from her purse, her big eyes giving Marientte the feeling of warmth and safety.

Marinette gave her a small smile and

entered the courtyard, a big area that had concrete for the floor, some basketball hoops in the corner, and some pretty flowers and other plants nestled into the area. The plants looked well taken care of, as they were all very vibrant and green.

She entered the building and walked into what she assumed was the office.

"Hello, may I get my schedule? My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Her French accent was subtle, yet noticeable.

"Oh okay, dearie. Here," A woman said, handing her a sheet of paper. "Now wait just a moment and I'll send someone down to direct you where you need to go."

Marinette nodded in agreement, knowing that they would help her navigate the school grounds faster.

The woman went to the intercom and spoke into a microphone, her voice clear and calm.

"Can I have Damian Wayne please come to the office," She said in a tone slightly louder than when she had spoken to her, probably because the intercom made you sound a bit quieter than you actually were.

Only a few minutes after the message had been sent out to their classroom, a boy entered the room.

Marinette immediately tensed, her Ladybug instincts taking over.

She felt her shoulders tense and her once slightly relaxed posture had stiffened.

She looked at the boy, her eyes taking in the details of him.