Chapter-Thirty: Forgiveness and Discoveries

{———}

  Marinette's trip to the Garden that she had found had been comforting, not only had she been able to make up a few designs from the inspiring area, but she had also been reminded of home.

While Marinette had been avoiding it, she also knew that it was there, the longing to go home. But she could not, Lila had prevented that.

Marinette clutched her sheets in her clenched fists, gritting her teeth in anger at her situation.

She was sitting in her bed, it was night-time now. She had spent the whole day in the garden.

She, mentally, had just needed a break. The recent incident and the stress of yesterday made her mentally exhausted.

Now, after a whole carefree day, Marinette's mind felt cleaner, more opened. It didn't feel as jumbled and suffocating.

Lila had gotten her stuck here in the first place.

That, above all, was what made her the maddest. She had not been doing anything to her!

She had moved on long ago! She had taken the few friends she had left and backed off.

So why did she just out of the blue do this?

Marientte sighed as she felt her eyes droop, it was then that she realized how sleepy she was.

So she finally settled down, and let sleep take her away, enveloping all of her senses into the pitch-black darkness.

{———}

Marinette could feel the cold gust of wind smashing against her body, that was what she first felt when she woke up.

When she opened her eyes, the leafs of a palm tree met her an inch from her face.

"Gah!" She said as she scrambled up, confused as to what was going on.

She looked around her and came to realize she was on a beach. The clouds seemed to be brimming to the top with water as they were the most vivid shade of gray she had ever come to see. There was going to be a storm soon.

"You know, this is my favorite type of view," A low voice of a man said, bringing her out of her trance of confusion.

She turned around and found a man about her papa's age looking at her. The first thing her eyes went to was his bright brown eyes.

"Sir, you should probably head inside, that storm might be dangerous," She said, her concern for the man obvious on her face.

"Well then you must come and follow me," The man replied, looking at ease in the weather.

In any other situation she would have said no, but she knew she was sleeping, and so she decided it would be safe to do so.

"Lead the way," She said with a smile.

They walked a little ways past where they were to come to a small clearing, a house sitting in the middle of it.

When they reached the house and entered inside, Marientte finally allowed herself to ask some questions.

"I'm dreaming, so why does it seem I have no control over this?" Marinette asked softly, slightly confused.

The man looked up at her and smiled, almost happy that she had said as much.

"Because you are not dreaming, your body is sleeping but you are here with me," He said simply, his smile widening at her confusion.

"So, what is this," She waved her hands around, thoroughly confused with the situation.