Chapter Seven: A Rockin' Surprise

{———}

Chloe's new outfit was stunning to say the least. The bright yellow was toned down to a yellowish brown, which looked almost exactly like honey.

Her hair was changed from a ponytail and braided into a fishtail braid. She had a black streak in her hair that went all the way down the braid.

Her outfit had a huge black line that went around her waist and down to her left leg in a spiral pattern, and a few dots of different shades of yellow surrounded the collarbone of her suit. Though, they were very small and hard to see unless you were up close. The suit had an overall hexagonal pattern that look like honey-comb.

A gasp left Chloe's lips as she looked at her outfit change, her eyes dancing as she quickly looked up and down the piece.

She ran her hands up and down her outfit, looking for all of the details that could only be noticed by her, as she was the one who had designed it.

"I want my name to be Princess Honey," She said breathlessly, not taking her eyes off the suit.

Adrien—now Cat Noir—rolled his eyes at her new name.

Marinette let out a small laugh before nodding in agreement, the paused.

Of course, Chloe, would still choose something in the royal family. But was that a good decision? Something was nagging at Marinette in the back of her head.

"How about you used a different title? Like one that would be used in the 1800s?"Marinette asked in a helpful voice.

Chloé froze for a moment, looked up at her before slowly nodding. "Lady Honey."

Marinette, finding that the nagging in the back of her head stopped with this reply, nodded in appreciation and turned.

Marinette grabbed the Horse Miraculous and put the glasses back on her head.

She then transformed and quickly opened a portal for them, not bothering to expand it's size since it would just need to fit two people.

"Bye, we should totally do this again!" Lady Honey said happily, her eyes glimmering like crystals.

"You just want to transform again," Cat Noir teased as they entered the portal that had opened to the bottom of the Eiffel Tower.

"We do have to discuss some things soon," Marinette agreed, deciding to overlook Adrien's teasing.

They all waved at each other before the portal finally disappeared into thin air.

Marinette flopped on her bed and detransformed with a sigh. She was exhausted from transforming so many times. And jet-lag was certainly not helping her at the moment.

Kaalki flew next to her, waiting patiently for a cookie. Tikki quickly grabbed one for her and her friend.

"Ugh!" Marinette groaned. "I can't stand jet-lag!"

"Are you going to sleep again Marinette?" The Kwami asked this in a curious tone.

Marinette debated for a moment and slowly shook her head. "It's best if I stay awake, it'll only make the jet-lag worse if I don't."

Marinette looked at her clock, it read 8:21. With a sigh, Marinette got up and changed into a Lady Luck Original—which, mysteriously, she seemed to have a lot of in her suitcase.

She was about to leave, when she heard her phone start ringing. She sighed before picking it up.

She was surprised to find Jagged Stone was calling her.

"Hello?" She held the phone up to her ear as she reached out with her right hand to grab her purse.

"Oh, Mari, this is very un-rock'n'roll of me. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel for our meeting in a few months," Marinette distinctly remembered setting the meeting up.

"It's fine Uncle Jagged, I was probably going to have to cancel, anyway," She said in a professional tone.

"What's got you in the glooms?" Jagged's voice said with a musical edge., automatically seeing right through her.

"Basically, I'm in a place that I do not want to be, and I cannot get back to Paris," She said in a calm, controlled voice.

A moment of silence filled the room.

"Can I ask where?" His voice had an almost eager edge to it, worry seeping through his tone.

"Gotham. Gotham, New Jersey," She said absentmindly.

"Are you in a house, apartment, or hotel?"

"An apartment space, one named Oakland Providers," She said.

She was confused as to why he would be asking that.

"Stay where you are," He said quickly.

"Uncle Jagged, what are you do—," Her voice was cut off by a beep.

Marinette—although she was confused—decided to stay and listen to Jagged.

{———}

Ten minutes later, Marinette received a text from Penny—Jagged Stone's assistant.

Penny: What apartment room are you in?

MarinaraSauce: Room A5

Marinette was now suspicious, confused, and worried. She hoped Jagged didn't do anything without thinking properly.

A few seconds later she heard a knock.

No. No way...

She grabbed the door-knob and opened the door, hoping that what she guessed was correct.

On the other side was a very happy looking Jagged Stone.

"How on earth! What are you doing here?" She sputtered.

Jagged smiled a ear-to-ear grin.

"Why I was just going to ask you the same thing. How about we ask your parents for permission to go roll out to my place for a bit?" The man said.

Instead of asking him multiple questions in return, she answered him.

"I can go, my parents aren't here. But They'll be happy I have at least one familiar face here," A shadow passed across Jagged's face, the light in his eyes diminishing.

His eyebrows knitted together, but he didn't say anything.

He escorted her to his limo, a black colored vehicle that was clean and shimmery.

The black car held his assistant, Penny. A close friend of her Uncle, someone she also trusted.

"So why are you here?" Marinette asked Jagged as she slid into the limousine.

"Well, I decided I should spend a year in my hometown since I've been doing so many tours the last few years," Jagged explained as he got in.

Marinette looked at him in surprise, she hadn't known this was his hometown. She mentally noted that.

"Do you like it here?" She asked with wonder.

"Do I like it here?" He laughed. "This place is where I learned to rock'n'roll!"

Penny turned towards Marinette and greeted her, a warm, motherly-smile spreading across her face.

Marinette's eyes widened and practically bulged out when Penny moved her tablet—something that was currently replacing her usual pen and paper—revealing her hands.

"Penny, is that an engagement ring?!"

}———{